texasguy37's profile

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

Friday, May 11th, 2012 9:19 PM

AT&T U-verse to Launch Univision's Three New Cable Channels

From the article found in the link below:

Univision Communications and AT&T U-verse have reached a multiyear, multiplatform deal that includes carriage of the U.S. Spanish-language media company's three new cable networks, as well as authenticated access across an array of vehicles. 

Under the agreement, financial terms of which were not disclosed, AT&T U-verse will launch the novela channel tlnovelas, sports service Univision Deportes and news network FOROtv. The telco thus will become the second U.S. distributor to offer the new cable channels: Dish Network has rolled out the trio, as well as a second sport channel, Deportes Dos that it has exclusive rights to during 2012, over the past couple of months, as part of its own far-reaching pact that was struck in January.

In addition, the pact also includes a distribution renewal for flagship Univision network, broadcast brethren TeleFutura and cable cousin, Galavisión, plus the addition of five TV channels - De Película, De Película Clásico, Bandamax, Ritmoson and Telehit - that the media company acquired from programming partner Televisa.

The far-reaching pact also encompasses the delivery of Univision content across all of AT&T's platforms, including online, smarthphones, tablets and U-verse TV, according to the parties. The deal will afford U-verse TV customers access to live feeds of Univision networks in and outside of the home. 

http://www.multichannel.com/article/484441-AT_T_U_verse_to_Launch_Univision_s_Three_New_Cable_Channels.php

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

I now see the following channels in the Guide:

191 - TLNovelas America

658 - Univision Deportes

1658 - Univision Deportes HD

3016 - TLNovelas America

Scholar

• 

107 Messages

12 years ago

FWIW:

FOROtv is Televisa Canal 4 (XHTV) Mexico D.F. It isn't "Univision Noticias 24/7" which seems to have gone AWOL.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

12 years ago

Hey this is really great if you speak Spanish

Scholar

• 

95 Messages

12 years ago

Will SAP audio in English be available?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@PHOnos wrote:
Will SAP audio in English be available?

It depends on the programming.  Some programming may have a 2nd audio channel in English while other programming may not.

Guru

• 

785 Messages

12 years ago

I am wondering what programming tier Univision Deportes will be Available on. I would be great to have access to another Channel Devoted to soccer. 

Scholar

• 

117 Messages

12 years ago

Whoop- de- doo.

Scholar

• 

107 Messages

12 years ago

Ya know what? I'll probably watch Univision Deportes on occasion, assuming I get that channel...

But the bigger thing is that very few providers have these channels. In fact, no cable outlet has yet signed up for them.

If these new channels mean more people signing up for U-Verse, it could eventually mean more channels of what each person wants.

More subscribers is always a good thing.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@bugmenot121 wrote:

If these new channels mean more people signing up for U-Verse, it could eventually mean more channels of what each person wants.

More subscribers is always a good thing.

Very true.  I saw some messages posted on the U-verse Facebook page asking if Univision Deportes would be added to the lineup.  It's a nice addition for soccer fans.

Scholar

• 

107 Messages

12 years ago

Yup. I get the U-200 package and do NOT get those channels. This means they're either U-300, U-450, sports pack, or Latino package.

I would guess that Univision Deportes is either Sports Pack and/or Latino Pack and that TLNovelas America is Spanish Package.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.