Posted Jul 29, 2013
7:54:10 AM
2 wire 3800 HGV-b problem

Problem with the 2 wire 3800 HGV-b router: This router has 4 ethernet ports, with nothing plugged into any of the ports, port 2 has a green light on solid. When I plug my computer into port 2, and try to establish a connection from the PC, it tell me that there is no cable plugged into this port. When I plug into any of the other 3 ports on this router I get a connection, DHCP sends the PC its address, gateway, and mask, everything looks OK, except I cannot ping the gateway address. I have turned off the firewall, making sure not is stopping traffic. I have wireless PC connected to this router that are working fine. The other problem I see is when I log into the router it looks like every thing is connected to port 2. My PC is currently plugged into port 4.

2 wire 3800 HGV-b problem

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 29, 2013 10:13:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
choban - Port 2 could be defective. You have to decide if it is worth working through. If you call in, it could be tested remotely & they could send you a new RG. Maybe a 3801. Or, you could try a pull the plug reboot.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 2 wire 3800 HGV-b problem

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 29, 2013 1:04:14 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, I did call it in and AT&T is sending me a new router, hope it works. Still not sure why it happened and what is happening.

Re: 2 wire 3800 HGV-b problem