magruen's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, November 11th, 2014 2:13 PM

2 Caller ID problems

I remember when AT&T used to have great customer service. WHAT HAPPENED???

I've called AT&T multiple times over the last month about the timestamp on my incoming Caller ID being off by 2 hours. I was told it was a known issue and would be resolved by the end of October (which meant they thought it was going to take THERE WEEKS to resolve a clok issue??!!?!) and here we are now mid November, ans it's still not fixed!

Oh, and I try calling them because when I make calls to others, the name that comes up isn't even mine, its the previous owner of the number. It's seriously been over a month, and that can't be updated? But again, AT&T great customer service, keeps you on hold for 10+ minutes to determine he doesn't have the ability to fix these, and he will transfer me to the right department to help me. So he transfered me to a closed department.

So now I have to turn to community bulletin boards to hope someone has an answer. I remember being one of AT&T's biggest vocal proponents. Now I see what everyone is complaining about.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

@sqwertz 

i had a tech come out today that managed to fix the problem.

first the modem was reimaged (again) with an update forced to it.

then the tech went into the modem settings and reset line, and it seemed to have worked.

hope this helps.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@magruen wrote:
I remember when AT&T used to have great customer service. WHAT HAPPENED???

I've called AT&T multiple times over the last month about the timestamp on my incoming Caller ID being off by 2 hours. I was told it was a known issue and would be resolved by the end of October (which meant they thought it was going to take THERE WEEKS to resolve a clok issue??!!?!) and here we are now mid November, ans it's still not fixed!

Oh, and I try calling them because when I make calls to others, the name that comes up isn't even mine, its the previous owner of the number. It's seriously been over a month, and that can't be updated? But again, AT&T great customer service, keeps you on hold for 10+ minutes to determine he doesn't have the ability to fix these, and he will transfer me to the right department to help me. So he transfered me to a closed department.

So now I have to turn to community bulletin boards to hope someone has an answer. I remember being one of AT&T's biggest vocal proponents. Now I see what everyone is complaining about.

Click the ATT Uverse Care link in my signature, send the PM, explain your CID time situation.

Include your account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Chris,

I have been contacted by another member of AT&T, and they are attempting to resolve the issue.  If that doesn't pan out, I will contact you on that PM you suggest.

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am having the same problem with the caller ID time stamp being two hours off.  Just had U-Verse Voice installed earlier this week.  I have sent sent a support request VIA PM to Uverse Support.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Sqwertz,

A tech came out to my house and spent several hours trying to figure out the problem to no avail.  All the departments he spoke to were insisting that it had to be my phone. 

I ended up going out and buying a cheap phone (because remember, when the telephone company sends a tech out to fix your phone, they don't bring a phone to test equipment with!!!) and it's still continuing.  Thave have even completely stripped my order out, reprogrammed all my equipment with a new telephone number, and STILL 2 hours off.  I've spoken to techs all week, and so far nothings changed ... but it's still being worked on.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @sqwertz,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you to get this issue resolved.

-David T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.