Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
jasonstory214's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, April 18th, 2014 10:08 AM

Gigapower Router constantly rebooting

It power cycled 4 times in a row today.  We have about 25 clients connected to it.   Any ideas?

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @jasonstory214,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having with your services, but I will be glad to help. That does seem like a lot of devices on the router, but it still should not cause it to do a complete reboot. One thing you can do is check to see if the number of sessions handled by the NVG589 is being exhausted. To do so:

1. Login to the router at http://192.168.1.254
  2. Select the tab Diagnostics
  3. Select the sub-tab NAT Table

From there, you will see the total number of sessions avaiable and the number in use. Monitor that and see if it ever climbs into the thousands.

If it does get exhausted, it will cause connection issues. I will also have my team send you a private message to look into this account further for you.

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

David,

Sorry for digging up this old post.

We're having this same issue at our workplace with the U-Verse Power bonded-pair plan. We rebooted the modem to change a setting probably 30 minutes ago, and it varies going between 750-1500 sessions, changing every time I reload the page. What would cause this? It will be fine on some days, then reboot repeatedly on another.

Our usage scenario: We have about 20 people in the office, each with on average two devices - a laptop and a phone. Most people here have many connections open, SSH sessions to Heroku, AWS, etc. or to our website which has to make many HTTP requests on page load. We also usually have one TV on, currently tuned to the World Cup 😉

Thanks!

William

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.