For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
jmizera's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, December 11th, 2014 2:22 PM

Anyone else seeing poor Wifi and/or Poor Roku performance on Gigapower?

Just got Gigapower service installed.  Download speed on my desktop mesured with Speedtest.net was a mind bending 430 mpbs.  Awesome.  I was however very dissapointed when we sat down to watch Netflix on our Roku 2XS, and we sat waiting for just the tiles to load.  Multiple reloads when attempting to watch a show.  Same with Hulu and Youtube as well.  We had far better performance on our Uverse 18mpbs.  On my iPhone, speedtest only makes it to about 9mpbs.  Before, I could get the full 18 mpbs.  Rebooted the Roku, tried forcing to G and then N only, same results.  

Anyone else seeing this?  

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@jmizera wrote:

Just got Gigapower service installed.  Download speed on my desktop mesured with Speedtest.net was a mind bending 430 mpbs.  Awesome.  I was however very dissapointed when we sat down to watch Netflix on our Roku 2XS, and we sat waiting for just the tiles to load.  Multiple reloads when attempting to watch a show.  Same with Hulu and Youtube as well.  We had far better performance on our Uverse 18mpbs.  On my iPhone, speedtest only makes it to about 9mpbs.  Before, I could get the full 18 mpbs.  Rebooted the Roku, tried forcing to G and then N only, same results.  

Anyone else seeing this?  

See SomeJoe's great wireless interference thread:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/How-to-Minimize-Wireless-Interference/m-p/2303003#M1138

Also see the SJ post:

Please Read for a Potential Solution

For many people, the DHCP problems with the 2Wire routers can be solved by configuring the RG as follows:

1. Go to http://192.168.1.254/ and find the RG's wireless configuration page.

2. Change the setting "Wi-Fi Protected Setup" to Disabled.

3. Change the setting "Authentication Type" to WPA2-PSK (AES).

4. Click the "Save" button at the bottom.

5. This procedure may ask for your RG's password. The default password for your RG is printed on a sticker on the side of the RG (3600HGV, 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV and NVG589/510) or on a white sticker on the backup battery (i3812V).

Disabling WPS should help with the DHCP timeout issue and general wireless connection problems.

Setting authentication specifically to WPA2-PSK/AES improves connection reliability on Macs and other Apple products.  Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Turned out that ATT ended up comming out and replacing the router.  Performance on the new router is outstanding.  It was a Motorola unit by the way.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.