Posted Feb 23, 2012
1:51:40 PM
View profile
Yahoo Mail Update 2012 (c) - Is this legit?

I received this email and wonder if it's legit?? and what I need to do to keep my sbcglobal.net email.

Yahoo Member Service [dandbpawn3@att.net]

Thu 2/23/2012 3:41 AM

Dear Customer,

Due to congestion in all SBC Yahoo! -  user accounts, there shall be a removal exercise of all used and unused SBC Yahoo! -  Accounts. Yahoo! Inc would be shutting down several accounts.

For immediate access, please click here to validate your account:

NB: Failure to to update your Yahoo! account will result to a permanent closure.

Thank you for being a loyal SBC Yahoo! -  Mail user.

We hope you enjoy the newest version of Yahoo! Mail.

David McDowell
Senior Director
Yahoo! Mail Product Management

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 24, 2012 6:55:23 AM
(0)

Hi,

We have recently become aware of this e-mail. It was not generated by AT&T, and we believe it is a scam. Please help us track the person responsible for this e-mail by forwarding the message with the Internet headers to: abuse@att.net.

Thank you,

JustinF

___

I am an AT&T ConnecTech employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

I'm here to help with any technical issues you may have but if you need advanced ConnecTech support over the phone, please visit the
ConnecTech website or call 1-800-344-1734 (Phone support is available 8 am – 11 pm Central Time, 7 days a week)
Accepted Solution

Yahoo Mail Update 2012 (c) - Is this legit?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 24, 2012 6:55:23 AM
(0)

Hi,

We have recently become aware of this e-mail. It was not generated by AT&T, and we believe it is a scam. Please help us track the person responsible for this e-mail by forwarding the message with the Internet headers to: abuse@att.net.

Thank you,

JustinF

___

I am an AT&T ConnecTech employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

I'm here to help with any technical issues you may have but if you need advanced ConnecTech support over the phone, please visit the
ConnecTech website or call 1-800-344-1734 (Phone support is available 8 am – 11 pm Central Time, 7 days a week)

Re: Yahoo Mail Update 2012 (c) - Is this legit?

2 of 5 (6,795 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2013 9:20:28 PM
(0)
Contributor
Is Yahoo really trying to take over att.net email? All of a sudden one day all my at&t email was transferred to a Yahoo account. What happened? I had to start my AT&T email from scratch. What is going on? How do I get the Yahoo mail back to. AT&T?

3 of 5 (1,647 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2014 8:50:29 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on Jun 15, 2014 at 3:29:15 AM

Also, hover over where it says click here and note this address shows up:grasshopperstreet.com/css/universitymail.html

definately not at&t.

also any mails like this first look at the header info on the mail and google the ip addresses that it

displayes.

[ Edited ]
4 of 5 (353 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2014 8:51:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

sadly they did

though least now if leave at&t you get to keep your email once it is on the yahoo system.

5 of 5 (352 Views)