Protect yourself online
get-connected's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, December 29th, 2014 1:25 AM

Closed

Unable to verify Twitter account

Help. Not sure if anyone is having this problem, but I recently signed up for a Twitter account using att sub-account. I know the email is valid, I have sent and received emails on the account, however, I am unable to verify my Twitter account because the email is never received from twitter. I have email notifications selected on Twitter for the appropriate account, but I am still not receiving emails. I have requested a re-send several times, but again, it never is received. For instance, I had to create an account here to post, but had to verify the account before posting. The email arrived within seconds, I click the link and was able to use this account without issue -- this is not the case with my Twitter account. The email simply does not come through at all - it is not found in the spam folder and has not been blocked. Please help.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @get-connected 

I'm sorry you were having some issues with your Twitter and email accounts. were you able to get it resolved?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

ATTDmitriyCM
Thanks for responding, however, I am still not receiving any emails from my Twitter account. I attempted again this week and did not receive a confirmation email. Please help!

Sincerely

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Hello,

I am having the same problem.  If I send the twitter request to my gmail account I immediately receive an email from Twitter Support.  Please help, I prefer my Att email account and it is listed as my primary account on twitter.  This issue has existed for several months now.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello everyone,

You can try calling our web support team at 1-877-312-5550 and if there is anything that's causing it on our end, they'll be able to help. As far as I know, AT&T is not blocking emails from Twitter for any reason.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have this exact same problem with all of my ATT/Yahoo e-mail accounts and Twitter.  I have had this problem since I first tried to register an ATT/Yahoo e-mail with Twitter back in December.

I had no problem confirming my Twitter account using a Google gmail account.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Same here.

At least I know I'm not doing something obviously wrong. It turns out it's a "thing."

Now the question is, will AT&T and/or Twitter take this issue seriously, or just ignore the complaints and assume we're all being nincompoops?

I tried to open a new Twitter account (I have another, older, active one) using my AT&T email address, and have never received the confirmation email(s) which Twitter says it's sending out. I've tried numerous times yet never received the verification email. So now I have a useless Twitter account until this issue is resolved. Too bad, as it's an important professional tool for me. My older Twitter account was set up perfectly fine, using Gmail.

So what' the problem, AT&T?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I attempted calling for phone support, but the automated phone support offers little help. Instead of offering a branching logic tree with several options---which might help me to drill down to a useful level to address this problem---the system merely begins by going over general email settings.

It would be most helpful to offer branching logic support that had more branches, rather than a generic response that assumes I'm at square one, with a brand new email account that I don't have a clue how to use.

At least some sifting of customer needs would be helpful.

Cheers.

BG

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I agree. I have been in contact with both companies support teams and still no results. Awful service.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I can receive e-mails and send them just fine, but for some reason I can't get them from twitter? I've checked my spam folder, and filter and blocked in my e-mail settings, but nothing is in there. I don't know if att is blocking twitter for some reason? it's really annoying because i can't get e-mail confirmation for my account. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I am also having this issue.  I have seen similar trouble on a few AT&T Support threads with no resolution (that I could find).  I am locked out of my twitter account until I can reset my password through a link twitter is emailing to me, however I can get no email from twitter to my att.net address.  This includes support emails. Is there any actual support to be had from AT&T?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.