Posted Apr 19, 2012
9:58:13 AM
Stay Logged In 2 Weeks Not Working

Everytime I sign on to Firefox my personal homepage does not display because it says I am not logged on.  I signon and click on 'keep me logged in for 2 weeks' and when I close my browser and reopen it, it does not maintain my id and pw and requires me to sign on again.  I sign on and off daily a hundred times and I wish to have my password remain for 2 weeks.  I cleared cookies and that didn't help.  I researched but cannot find any ATT phone number for email techincal support.  Any advice?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jul 31, 2012 5:52:42 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Gadget_1 on Jul 31, 2012 at 6:19:40 AM

Try going to yahoo.com and logging in.  After doing that, I stayed logged in at att.my.yahoo.com also.

Just another little quirk designed to make you pull your hair out, I guess!

Accepted Solution

Stay Logged In 2 Weeks Not Working

42 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
Replies
(42)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 27, 2012 2:23:07 PM
(0)
Contributor

Not sure where to post this, but I have run into a problem where I could not stay logged into att yahoo but solved with the yahoo account.  Yesterday, I tried logging into att yahoo, clicked on "save for 2 weeks" button, but it did not stay logged on.  I was able to work around this problem by first logging into the yahoo site (not att yahoo) and clicking on its "stay logged in" option, then logging into att yahoo and again clicking on the stay logged in button.  I now stay logged into att yahoo as expected.  There is something buggy in the att yahoo cookies that started some time in the past few days.

Re: Can't DELETE my Yahoo account. It got linked to AT&T and I don't have an account w/ them.

2 of 43 (7,821 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 30, 2012 6:42:08 AM
(0)
Tutor

I am having the same issue with IE.  I called tech support and was told to change my privacy settings.  This worked for about 1 day and now I'm having the issue again.  It is very painful to have to sign in each time I close my browser!!!!!

Re: Stay Logged In 2 Weeks Not Working

3 of 43 (7,912 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 30, 2012 7:52:51 AM
(0)
Contributor

Something else you might try is to increase the temporary memory that the browser gets to use (the cache). If it's set to small, that could be the problem. You'll find it under the settings.

Another more ratical approach if nothing else is working is to do an uninstall and reinstall of Firefox. Admittedly it's a bit extreme, but with the amount of signing in and out you are doing (if nothing else works), I'd recommend it.

4 of 43 (7,912 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 30, 2012 10:08:10 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Edited by jamileh on Jul 30, 2012 at 1:48:22 PM

The points to an issue with the browser not holding on to the settings. 

Here is some information about FireFox & saving passwords. Note that if you're using the "private browsing" feature in FF, your passwords will not be saved. http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/usernames-and-passwords-are-not-saved

Here's some similiar information for Internet Explorer: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ieinternals/archive/2009/09/11/troubleshooting-stored-login-problems-in-ie.a...

dosutton's comment of increasing the memory for the cache is also a good thing to try.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
5 of 43 (7,903 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 30, 2012 10:26:17 AM
(0)
Tutor
Just started having this problem within the last few days. Talked to tier two tech support, had them baffled too. Same problem on both of my computers. Very erratic and intermittent and ANNOYING!

6 of 43 (7,898 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 30, 2012 10:43:02 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I'm sorry you're also having this issue. 

Have you tried the suggestions noted above?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 43 (7,896 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 30, 2012 10:50:31 AM
(0)
Tutor
Tried them all, and then some. Tech support guy had same problem, very erratic.

8 of 43 (7,894 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 30, 2012 11:23:48 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have tried everything.  This started on Saturday (7/28) when I couldn't access my email.  When I called, I was told the issue was known, that AT&T was working with Yahoo on it and meanwhile to delete my cookies, browser history, etc, etc.  That didn't help, but I was able to get to my email by the end of the day.  Then the issue started of needing to sign in each time I closed my browser.  Call to tech support who told me to change my privacy settings (why that was necessary I have no clue since until the email issue I had no signin problem).  Anyway, that worked for a day.  VERY annoying.

9 of 43 (7,887 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 30, 2012 12:17:27 PM
(0)
Tutor

this feature recently stopped working for me -- just in the past few days. before that, it was fine. yes, i have checked every setting, cookies, etc., all of them. is something wrong with the system?

10 of 43 (7,879 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 30, 2012 12:23:12 PM
(0)
Tutor

I'm having the identical problem on both my PCs, No options have been changed on either, but both started to behave the same way at the same time. My 33+ years as a Michigan Bell/A.T.&T. Communications Technician tell me to look somewhere else for the solution to this problem. Look to what's common. It's got to have something to do with the A.T.&T./Yahoo part of this puzzle. If there is a known problem, how come the Techs in the support center don't know about it? After all, A.T.&T. is supposed to be a communications company. To quote an old phone company axiom "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem"

11 of 43 (7,878 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 30, 2012 12:30:47 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Edited by jamileh on Jul 30, 2012 at 1:48:05 PM

I've got a request out to see if there is an issue with this functionality. 

Thanks for all the information!

Edit:

I've done a little testing and it appears this works just fine when using Chrome, but not IE or FF. 

I'll let you know what I come up with!

Edit edit:

I've submitted a request to this reviewed by our web team. Thanks for reporting this to us!

--------------

[ Edited ]
12 of 43 (7,877 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 30, 2012 2:13:26 PM
(0)
Tutor
hey, jamileh -- i am using chrome and it's def NOT working for me. sometimes when i click "login" it will log me in without my having to type in anything, sometimes it goes to login screen, but never does it remember me. thanks for looking into this!!

13 of 43 (7,854 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 30, 2012 2:17:44 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Thanks for the additional info BexB!

--------------

14 of 43 (7,852 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 31, 2012 5:41:42 AM
(0)
Tutor

Back in "the old days" this problem would, at some point, have been referred to Bell Labs when nobody else could resolve the problem, but alas there no longer is a Bell Labs and the number of skilled techs has been trimmed to the point of near non-existence. So who fixes it now?

Maybe A.T.&T. can trot out one of their "business degree" management people, who know nothing of the business itself, to create a new "mission statement" to address the issue.

15 of 43 (7,798 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jul 31, 2012 5:52:42 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Gadget_1 on Jul 31, 2012 at 6:19:40 AM

Try going to yahoo.com and logging in.  After doing that, I stayed logged in at att.my.yahoo.com also.

Just another little quirk designed to make you pull your hair out, I guess!

[ Edited ]
16 of 43 (7,796 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 31, 2012 6:03:53 AM
(0)
Tutor

thanks, that worked for me, too. i went to www.yahoo.com, logged in, checked "keep me logged in", and ensured that the login was successful by checking email. then, i closed chrome, opened it back up, and wah-lah, still logged into ATT/yahoo. interesting... the two logins should have the same result, but they do not... at any rate, the "keep me logged in" is working if i login at www.yahoo.com, so THANK YOU for that tip!!

17 of 43 (7,790 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 31, 2012 6:05:57 AM
(0)
Tutor

I took your advice and logged into yahoo (making sure the box to stay signed in was checked).  Now I stay logged into att.my.yahoo.com - so far anyway.  Thanks for the tip.  I never had to do this before... Obviously, something is not right with AT&T email.

18 of 43 (7,789 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 31, 2012 11:22:48 AM
(0)
Tutor

I tried logging in to yahoo.com and I am staying logged to att.net also. This seems to work for the time being. Do you suppose we should tell A.T.&T. or let them figure it out for themselves?

19 of 43 (7,759 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 31, 2012 11:29:00 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Well, you kind of just did tell us. :smileyhappy:

Our web production team is actively working on this issue. A big kudos to everyone in this thread for posting about it so we knew what was going on!

--------------

20 of 43 (7,756 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 31, 2012 12:10:19 PM
(0)
Teacher

This has intermittently not worked for me for several years.   For months, it will work OK, and then suddenly start to require me to sign in several times a day.   After a few days, it returns to the normal two week period.    This has occurred on IE, Firefox and Chrome, and across XP, Vista and Windows 7.   

Glad to hear that AT&T/Yahoo is working on a fix.   To date, the only response that I have been able to get from AT&T was an offer for me to pay them to fix the problem on my PC.

A long running complaint with AT&T is that your "Contact Us" is oriented only to fixing the user's problem, and there is no provision for reporting problems with your software or services.   And, like all software yours has some problems.

21 of 43 (7,762 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 31, 2012 12:55:20 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Thanks for the info. I'll pass that on to the team. 

--------------

22 of 43 (7,754 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 31, 2012 1:49:54 PM
(0)
Tutor

Logging into Yahoo.com and checking the box "Keep me signed in" absolutely fixed the problem for me (both in Firefox and IE9).  Many, many thanks.  It was driving me crazy!.

23 of 43 (7,741 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 31, 2012 1:54:20 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Glad that worked for you!

--------------

24 of 43 (7,737 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 31, 2012 2:46:29 PM
(0)
Teacher

Think the Yahoo workaround may be a necessary but not sufficient fix.    i.e.   It may temporary resolve the problem, but it may come back again.      My experience has been that the 2 week keep me logged in is sporatic.   It will work for a few weeks or months, and then suddenly requires me to log in several times a day for several days--up to about a week sometimes, then it returns to requiring me to log in only every two weeks until it starts the several times a day cycle again.     Time to failure seems random, and time to resume the longer "logged in" timeout also random, but thankfully much shorter.

The keep me logged in for two weeks box has always been checked on both AT&T and Yahoo.

Had a frequent log in period last week, but it only lasted a day.

25 of 43 (7,713 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 31, 2012 3:44:17 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I agree and our web folks are working on this issue, thanks to you and the other the people in this community who reported it!

--------------

26 of 43 (7,699 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 31, 2012 4:19:37 PM
(0)
Tutor

I spoke too soon.  zSigning into Yahoo.com seemed to work for an hour or so and now I'm back to being signed out every time again.  I want to scream!!

27 of 43 (7,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 1, 2012 6:39:06 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I am sorry that the workaround didn't work for you. 

The production team is researching this issue and as soon as I have any additional information, I'll let everyone know. 

--------------

28 of 43 (7,566 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 1, 2012 6:45:18 AM
(0)
Tutor

just a follow up to say the "log into yahoo.com" fix IS still working for me. it worked all day yesterday, and this morning i booted my PC, opened chrome, and i am still logged in.

29 of 43 (7,563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 1, 2012 6:54:59 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Thanks BexB, glad you're still able to login! :smileyhappy:

--------------

30 of 43 (7,554 Views)