Posted Jul 18, 2013
My child's account has been disabled

I approved this account before the deadline - and as of today I discovered that my daughter's account has been disabled.  I went into my subaccounts and re-enabled it, but I still cannot login?  Anyone else?  How can I expedite this and get it back or is it gone forever?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
9-26-2013 10:54:23 AM
(0)

Adam42Kelly wrote:

I hope this helps. https://forums.att.com/t5/Email-Internet-Security/Parental-Approval-For-Sub-Accounts/m-p/3528717#M16815

This link worked for me.  I followed the directions and was skeptical about sending a message, but I did that yesterday.  I received no repsonse from them, but today I opened the original email reminder's link to give Parental permission thru ATT and signed onto ATT using my email and password and it went directly to my subaccounts like MAGIC!

I had discontinued SBC's DSL years ago, but have been using the free ATT accounts since then.  This worked.

Thank you Adam42Kelly!

Accepted Solution

My child's account has been disabled

18 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(18)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 18, 2013
(0)

Thanks AT&T but I was hoping to get a better response than this:

Congratulations, answermethis!

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Contributor.

We appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue to be an active member of the community.

Thanks!

The AT&T Community Support Team

Re: My child's account has been disabled

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 18, 2013
(0)

Update:  Currently on the phone (for over 28 minutes BTW) with a lovely AT&T rep named Hayley in the Philippines.  She is unable to help me so gave me a # to call 866-722-9932.  Listening to music.  

To be continued, sadly...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 18, 2013
(0)

Update #2:  Spoke to Dominique in Indiana.  She gave me another 2 #s to call - 888-362-5909 (uverse) and/or 866-562-7219.  Wish me luck.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 18, 2013
(0)

"Due to unexpected call volumes we are unable to help you at this time.  Please visit help.yahoo.com and clicked on locked accounts"

OK - progress, right?

I certainly hope this helps someone else...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 18, 2013
(0)

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Tutor.

yippee...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 18, 2013
(0)

Your Incident ID is: 130718-022320

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 18, 2013
(0)

Email states:

Right now, we're receiving a lot of requests. We're working as fast as we can, but it might take us a little bit longer than normal to respond to you.

Sincerely,
The Yahoo! Customer Care Team

answermethis asks:

can you define 'normal'?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 18, 2013
(0)

Perhaps my daughter will turn 13 before this gets resolved and then maybe the account will reactivate itself?  Still waiting to be resolved.  I wonder how many more hours will need to be spent on the phone.... Why can't this be resolved via email?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 18, 2013
(0)
Does an incident ID mean anything?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 19, 2013
(0)

I'm in the same boat - everything on my end tells me the account is enabled and the system is not waiting for any approvals.

I also was frustrated that they sent the emails about needing the approvals to the child only and not to the adult - the emails looked like phishing.

good luck and please post how you make out!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 19, 2013
(0)

Another update...  my understanding now (albeit this could all be false, but it comprises the info I have compiled) - it is becoming clear that yahoo can solve this problem, and AT&T cannot.  

However, Yahoo cannot assist me until I unmerge the email account with AT&T.

AT&T is stating that they are unable to unmerge the accounts.

This is beginning to sound like the problem has no solution.

Not giving up!  (I certainly hope the social media guy - who really seems like he's trying to help - isn't giving up either).

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 19, 2013
(0)

Well, I decided to start fresh. I went to AT&T.com and used the chat feature. Now granted, there is no guarantee that you will get the same person - but today? My hero's name is Jeffrey and he got my daughter's account up and running. I say, avoid the phone and use Chat from now on. I wish you luck!

[edited for privacy]

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 24, 2013
(0)

I followed that link and was sent to an online article that told me

• You will need to contact AT&T for assistance with your AT&T Yahoo! Mail account.

ATT is pointing at Yahooto fix it, Yahoo is pointing at ATT -not helpful

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jul 24, 2013
(0)

I just "fixed" my child's account - and the solution was really silly - I was going nuts with the same problem, approved the ATT parental consent and the yahoo parental consent.  Then I noticed from the yahoo "manage subaccounts" area that there was no password for the affected subaccount - I created a new password and the account is now active

Now if only I could change the preferred browser language from Spanish to English..... -

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 1, 2013
(0)

at least you could get to your "manage subaccounts."  It won't take me anywhere when I hit that!  Glad YOUR problem is solved!

--still waiting...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Sep 26, 2013
(0)

Adam42Kelly wrote:

I hope this helps. https://forums.att.com/t5/Email-Internet-Security/Parental-Approval-For-Sub-Accounts/m-p/3528717#M16...

This link worked for me.  I followed the directions and was skeptical about sending a message, but I did that yesterday.  I received no repsonse from them, but today I opened the original email reminder's link to give Parental permission thru ATT and signed onto ATT using my email and password and it went directly to my subaccounts like MAGIC!

I had discontinued SBC's DSL years ago, but have been using the free ATT accounts since then.  This worked.

Thank you Adam42Kelly!

[ Edited ]
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 12, 2014
(0)

You can change the language for your subaccounts by:

1. logging into your subaccount

2. click "My AT&T", then "Profile"

3. Go to "User Information", edit it