Protect yourself online
jktigger63's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, October 14th, 2013 4:17 PM

Closed

Locked out of email / Account compromised?

I have been using the same Yahoo email address for many years, probably at least 15 years. Last night before I went to bed I was shocked when I tried to login and the account said that I was entering the wrong password. All of my devices (2 phones, 5 computers) etc. were locked out. Because I used to get my internet through ATT, somehow this yahoo account got linked to my ATT account (I still have the same ATT account because I have several cell phones in the family linked to it).

When I try to see why I cannot login, it keeps sending me to the ATT site where I get lost in loops of "help" that provide no solutions. I know the correct password. It is programmed into several devices. Who do I talk to so that I can fix this? I receive MANY emails daily that I need to deal with, not to mention 15 years of data that I have stored there in old emails. I keep trying to go throught the internet problem trees on ATT.com, but they keep taking me to solutions that are not correct, and I never get to send an email to the help desk.

Thanks for any help you can provide

[Subject edited to reflect combined topics]

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

You are not alone and I hope/ think they are working on it. There were several of us. I had the exact situation. I am waiting on a call from someone. I will post when I get the call as to what has happened. You might try a pm to one of the AT&T folks who are on here. That is what I did and am awaiting a call

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I desperately need help reactivating my account that suddenly become inactive yesterday with the same error code.  PLEASE HELP!  Feeling desperate and totally helpless.  Am seeking employment and waiting for responses on my email that is now not working.  People emailing me get the message "undeliverable".  NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!

PLEASE HELP, Christina

[Subject edited to reflect combined topic]

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks!

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

So Emilia, with an E, called and sent my case to someone else who called within an hour and got me back up an going, both my main and my sub account.  He said there was some activity that an algorithim thought looked odd and so at 3:19 am I got zapped.  I wish help was easier to locate but once i found this forum and posted, that is what did the deed.  He also suggested I look at www.att.com/hackedid for tips which I did.  Most of them I already do anyway.

I did go and update my security questions too, which wasnt so easy to find cus I missed the opportuinity to do so when I updated my password.  When you update the password right below is where you update the security.

So if you have posted on here I think ATT will get you taken care of.  I am breathing a big sigh of relief that is for sure.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I'm not sure what time my email service went down, but when I tried getting email on my iphone this evening it kept giving me an error that my user name or password was incorrect.  I knew there had to be something wrong as I just got my new phone this past Friday and have not changed any email settings.  I then tried logging on through my laptop and had the same problem,  I contacted Customer support and after an hour and a half and three different techs I was told that my account had been deactivated and that they could not do anything to "fix it".  The last tech told me that he contacted Yahoo, who had him fill out a "ticket" and then told me Yahoo would be contacting me, but he did not know when that would be.  Based on all the posts I see here, it seems like something is very wrong.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hello, I was wondering if at&t was able to resolve this issue for you. I'm having the same problem and VERY worried. Thanks!

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Were you able to get this problem resolved? I'm in the same boat.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Without notification, my wife had her sbcglobal.net email account disabled ..

The error that the other server returned was:
554 delivery error: dd Sorry your message to XXXXXXX@sbcglobal.net cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued [#102]. - mta1006.sbc.mail.ne1.yahoo.com

I too need an explanation as to why this occurred and need this account reinstated.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Just a few days ago (10/13 or 10/14) this started up for me as well. Suddenly AT&T Yahoo! won't accept my password from my e-mail client.

I had initially thought this was just an e-mail server issue on their end that happens intermittently, but it has been several days with no change. More worrying, AT&T Yahoo! won't accept my password for logging in to webmail or to access the Yahoo! Group I am part of.

I have done nothing to change my password on my end, so it *should* still be working. I have held this account for many years.

I have not tried their online password reset path as I am concerned that hooks into an even older backup e-mail account that was long ago deactivated, but as it seems to be my only avenue I will attempt it after work this evening.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi,

My email was just recently marked as "inactive" despite me using it daily. When I try to recover the password, I get the following message:

Your account is inactive. You will not be able to reset the password with your account in this status.

I have an email ending in @sbcglobal.net.

Please help me re-activate my account!

Thank you,

B

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.