Protect yourself online
jktigger63's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, October 14th, 2013 4:17 PM

Closed

Locked out of email / Account compromised?

I have been using the same Yahoo email address for many years, probably at least 15 years. Last night before I went to bed I was shocked when I tried to login and the account said that I was entering the wrong password. All of my devices (2 phones, 5 computers) etc. were locked out. Because I used to get my internet through ATT, somehow this yahoo account got linked to my ATT account (I still have the same ATT account because I have several cell phones in the family linked to it).

When I try to see why I cannot login, it keeps sending me to the ATT site where I get lost in loops of "help" that provide no solutions. I know the correct password. It is programmed into several devices. Who do I talk to so that I can fix this? I receive MANY emails daily that I need to deal with, not to mention 15 years of data that I have stored there in old emails. I keep trying to go throught the internet problem trees on ATT.com, but they keep taking me to solutions that are not correct, and I never get to send an email to the help desk.

Thanks for any help you can provide

[Subject edited to reflect combined topics]

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

actually my e-mail was working at 2pm cdt then when I left work at 3:30pm I couldn't access my account. So it must of happened between 2 and 3:30

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I got email at 3 am this morn but by 6 it wasnt working   makes me wonder if they are afraid there have been some security breeches on their end  and they are being pro active but not announcing it.  very frustrating

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I was looking for a press release warning of the possible breach.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

me too but i cant find anything except several posting on here that they have issues, but it took me a lot of looking to find this forum so  not everyong would do it or there may be more to come as people check their emails  Just hope someone gets back to us to help  One person on one of the threads wasnt so encouraging.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

After numerous attempts, AT&T locked it due to too many log in failures. My account would not allow me to log in using the same password I have for years. Called support and they say account is pending and if I will pay $15 they will look into. Really??? Please help.  Oh and I'm the main account holder and all my sub accounts can still access their e-mail. 

[Subject edited to reflect combined topics]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

HELP! I have been locked out and can't get back in. I never changed my information. Now I'm locked out of my account for 24 hours AGAIN as I tried ALL DAY yesterday to log back in! Nothing I am doing is working. PLeASE PLEASE PLEASE Help. Thank you. 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

More instances listed here of same thing in last day

http://sitedown.co/att

This is likely an ATT issue.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, alundy!

I just wanted to let you know that I have received your private message and will be responding shortly. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know!

-Mariana

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi Alida!

We received your private message, and one of our managers will be reaching out to you at the email address listed in your profile here on the forums.

Thanks,

Jenn S.

AT&T Social Media Manager

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have been using the same att.net email address for many, many years. Yesterday afternoon, sometime between 2:30 and 3 p.m. I was shocked when I tried to login and the account said that I was entering the wrong password. All of my devices (2 phones, 2 computers) etc. were locked out. Because I used to get my internet through ATT, I have kept the free ATT email. 

However, when I try to see why I cannot login, it keeps sending me to the ATT site where I get lost in loops of "help" that provide no solutions. I know the correct password. It is programmed into several devices. Who do I talk to so that I can fix this? I receive MANY emails daily that I need to deal with, not to mention years of data that I have stored there in old emails. I keep trying to go throught the internet problem trees on ATT.com, but they keep taking me to solutions that are not correct, and I never get to send an email to the help desk. 

I believe I was hacked because I also can't seem to get the answers to my security questions correct. HELP!! Please...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.