Posted Mar 21, 2013
Issues with attaching files

My att email is not allowing me to attach a word doc from my mac computer.  After selecting the file, I push "attach files" and get a message stating "invalid file specified."  I have tried several different files, and it says the same thing on each file.  How do I attach my file?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
3-21-2013 11:39:10 AM
(0)

dmdorrough wrote:

My att email is not allowing me to attach a word doc from my mac computer.  After selecting the file, I push "attach files" and get a message stating "invalid file specified."  I have tried several different files, and it says the same thing on each file.  How do I attach my file?

dmdorrough,

I seem to remember something about in Apple you have to send an email from the application that you are in, not from email grabbing an attachment. For instance, if you have an email open and go to attach a photo you can't, you have to open the photo and click send photo as email function. It might be the same way from the Doc?

James

Accepted Solution

Issues with attaching files

13 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
Replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Mar 21, 2013
(0)

dmdorrough wrote:

dmdorrough,

I seem to remember something about in Apple you have to send an email from the application that you are in, not from email grabbing an attachment. For instance, if you have an email open and go to attach a photo you can't, you have to open the photo and click send photo as email function. It might be the same way from the Doc?

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Issues with attaching files

[ Edited ]
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 17, 2013
(0)
I cannot attach any files in the revamped att webmail. Any solutions?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 19, 2013
(0)

Having the same problem. Was able to attach file after switching to classic mail. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 19, 2013
(0)

I too am having the same issue.  I was able to go to classic mail and it worked.  Have been struggling with this for several days.  Thanks for the tip.  I prefer the new revamped email version i was using tho.  What gives? 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 23, 2013
(0)

Can't attach any format to my email unless I go through the "switch" and do it all over again. Tried reading all the answers but when it said "solved" I couldn't go to the supposed solution.

You are making me crazy! Please either resolve this issue or let me know you can't and I'll find another program that works!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 25, 2013
(0)

Exactly the same for me: For over a week I have tried to attach any type of file to my emails and get a red triangle warning saying "1 File can't be sent" and buttons to Try Again, Remove All, and Report a Problem. I have tried reporting it to AT&T a dozen times and have gotten no feedback and no improvements.  I can attach files when I switch to Mail Classic, but it is a pain in the butt. I have Windows XP and IE 8 on my PC.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 25, 2013
(0)

No solutions yet. They are getting us to sign up to their forum tho so they will have lots of opportunities to bombard us with advertising. BAH!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 8, 2013
(0)
Ditto...and it's been going on for weeks now...I'm sick of it.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 27, 2013
(0)

I have had the same issue with attaching files to my emails.  i didn't get the try again option.  I am using Windows 7 64 bit/IE 9 64 bit.  However, when I used Firefox, I had no issue.  IE is my browser of choice so i hope this issue is fixed soon.

Will anyone notify us?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 29, 2013
(0)

I had no problems attaching files until several months ago.  I've tried Internet Explorer and Firefox... no difference.  I know it's not my computer as I can easily attach using a different email provider.  What's going on?  There was no reply from Yahoo! support when I tried to contact them.  :-/

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 6, 2013
(0)
Make sure on IE that your compatibility view is "on" or "check marked". That's what worked for me (as of today). Really wish they would make the fix easier to find!! I chatted with a live rep who helped set this up this solution.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 10, 2013
(0)

I am unable to attach either pics or docs to one of my att-yahoo email accounts. It is an "@att" email account.

I am, however, able to attach and send from #2 (@yahoo) to the #1 (@att) account. These are on the same computer.  I have spent hours trouble shooting, watching tutorial videos As far as I can, the settings are the same.

ANY suggestions would be appreciated.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 11, 2013
(0)

Hi njriner,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T