Protect yourself online
dmdorrough's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 21st, 2013 3:10 PM

Issues with attaching files

My att email is not allowing me to attach a word doc from my mac computer.  After selecting the file, I push "attach files" and get a message stating "invalid file specified."  I have tried several different files, and it says the same thing on each file.  How do I attach my file?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

@dmdorrough wrote:

My att email is not allowing me to attach a word doc from my mac computer.  After selecting the file, I push "attach files" and get a message stating "invalid file specified."  I have tried several different files, and it says the same thing on each file.  How do I attach my file?

dmdorrough,

I seem to remember something about in Apple you have to send an email from the application that you are in, not from email grabbing an attachment. For instance, if you have an email open and go to attach a photo you can't, you have to open the photo and click send photo as email function. It might be the same way from the Doc?

James

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I cannot attach any files in the revamped att webmail. Any solutions?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Having the same problem. Was able to attach file after switching to classic mail. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I too am having the same issue.  I was able to go to classic mail and it worked.  Have been struggling with this for several days.  Thanks for the tip.  I prefer the new revamped email version i was using tho.  What gives? 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Can't attach any format to my email unless I go through the "switch" and do it all over again. Tried reading all the answers but when it said "solved" I couldn't go to the supposed solution.

You are making me crazy! Please either resolve this issue or let me know you can't and I'll find another program that works!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Exactly the same for me: For over a week I have tried to attach any type of file to my emails and get a red triangle warning saying "1 File can't be sent" and buttons to Try Again, Remove All, and Report a Problem. I have tried reporting it to AT&T a dozen times and have gotten no feedback and no improvements.  I can attach files when I switch to Mail Classic, but it is a pain in the butt. I have Windows XP and IE 8 on my PC.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

No solutions yet. They are getting us to sign up to their forum tho so they will have lots of opportunities to bombard us with advertising. BAH!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Ditto...and it's been going on for weeks now...I'm sick of it.

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

I have had the same issue with attaching files to my emails.  i didn't get the try again option.  I am using Windows 7 64 bit/IE 9 64 bit.  However, when I used Firefox, I had no issue.  IE is my browser of choice so i hope this issue is fixed soon.

Will anyone notify us?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I had no problems attaching files until several months ago.  I've tried Internet Explorer and Firefox... no difference.  I know it's not my computer as I can easily attach using a different email provider.  What's going on?  There was no reply from Yahoo! support when I tried to contact them.  😕

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.