For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
tymora's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 14th, 2014 10:51 PM

Inexplicable Email Deactivation/Trouble Reactivating

My problem is several-fold. First off, when I went to check my email this morning, I was told my (saved) password was incorrect. This has happened intermittently before, so I went to my usual routine when it happens; resetting the password.

However, when I got to the "reset password" page, I was told that my account had been designated "inactive." I am not sure who or why this decision might have been made, because I last signed in and used it literally last night--about 16 hours before.

Second, I was told I cannot re-activate it from my account; I need to go to the access account from which it originated, log in, and re-activate my own account. Now, I have had that account for upwards of 10 years, while I was below 18 when it was started, I was over 13, the age the information states is minimum. I am not sure why my account cannot be or has not been upgraded to let me activate it independently.

More importantly, the access account was in my father's name--and he died in 2006. It goes without saying that his email hasn't been used since then, I don't have access to his password, or the answers to his security questions.

Given how long I've had it, it really shouldn't come as a shock that this is my primary email account, with many important emails--like my bank statements and bills--come to it. I just want to access my email.

Can anybody provide assistance?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @tymora 

I'm sorry you're having some issues with your email account. Please try calling our web support team at 1-877-312-5550 for account specific help. You can also send us a private message by clicking here.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Well, I eventually had to call and have them manually confirm and then reset my email account.

That lasted about 2 months. My previous post on this problem was on August 16, a few days before I called the help line to get it fixed. 

As of October 16, Yahoo! is again not accepting my password OR security answers.

I am about to message them about this, and if that doesn't work, I will call them on my next day off school. However, I am actively looking at over email providers to switch to.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.