Protect yourself online
chachav's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 10th, 2013 9:04 PM

Inactive sbcglobal.net email SFPWD43

I have talked to 5 different departments and a few more people within those departments and the answers are all useless.

My email account is inactive. I need a password to activate. Don't remeber it so need a new password but can't get one because email is inactive. Go figure!

I have talked to dsl, uverse, tech support for both, and web assistant center and all I get is we apologize for the inconvenience. Can someone help me?

I want to reactivate my old sbcglobal.net email. It is not free...i use to have to pay to have it and when i stopped paying it then it became inactive. Now I am told when service is cancelled u get to keep email for free yay you but not yay me because I am in limbo.

Help would be appreciated!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

chachav,

Unfortunately if you haven't used your account since 2007 it will no longer be functional. There is however other options for free email, hotmail and Gmail are two options that come to mind.

James

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

chachav,

Hello and welcome to the forum. When is the last time you used your paid email account, and how long has it been since you discontinued your service or stopped paying, which might have triggered an inactive account?

James

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

It's been since 2007 that I stopped paying to have access to the account. at that time, you had to pay to have access not like now where it becomes free.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

my account, which I have used more than 6 years went inactive from one day to the next last week !!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

my account, which I have used more than 6 years went inactive from one day to the next last week !!!

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

My account has been active for 20 years! It is still working, but it stopped forwarding to my iCloud.com account. The password is not recognized for some connections, like address book. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

were you able to get your account reactivated? i'm having the same trouble!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I am having the same problem and I do not even have the option to reset the password:

Your account is inactive. You will not be able to reset the password with your account in this status.(SFPWD43)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Having the same issue of an "inactive" account.  I've been on the phone, chatting and online researching what to do and keep going in circles.  Even the "Go to Solution" on this thread is a mindless loop with no results.  I'm trying to remain calm but after four hours of no luck with customer service, I'm about to put on some Limp Bizkit and 'Break Something.'

I've sent a private message to AT&T help as other threads have specified but no reponse yet.

I don't want to be redundant, but maybe starting another thread will get some resolution?

WHY is this happening to us?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Why does this post say SOLVED????? When you click on Go to Solution -- THERE IS NO SOLUTION! Just a note about Yahoo's "accepted solutions"! This situation is starting to get VERY frustrating.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.