Protect yourself online
el_bucho's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 3:12 AM

Email contacts disappear

Today I noticed a problem with my email contacts missing in my sbcglobal.net/yahoo email account.  When I click on the contacts tab it says I have over 120 contacts and displays them all.  When I click on a list of contacts that I created it says the list is empty, then when I click on "all contacts" it says that I don't have any contacts.  Also, when a contact sends me an email, my inbox say 2 new emails, 0 from contacts.  Is anyone else having this problem or can explain what is going on?  Anyone from AT&T on this message board that can help?  Thanks

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I've decided that I will not add any new contacts to this email account and will probably use my gmail account.  I've already copied my contacts to gmail and should be good to go with that account.

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

12 years ago

Today I'm getting a "Connection Timed Out" message when I click on Contacts.  Was working OK for a few days, now it's broke again.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I am having the same problem.   One time the contacts are there and the next I am told "I have no contacts".  The addresses do not automatically fill in the address bar although they used to.  What is going on?  How do I switch back to Classic email?

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

12 years ago

Today my Contact list is working again.  I changed nothing.  No switching back and forth from Classic, etc.

I will send yet another suggestrion to fix the contacts problems. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I am also having this problem.  When I first log in to "compose new message" my contact list will appear.  Then in a flash, they are all gone.  If I start to type in a name in the "To:" field, the name is surrounded by a red box,  as if this name is not in my contact list.  When I go to contacts, all my many contacts are gone, and the header says I have no contacts.  What can I do to fix this problem?

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

12 years ago

@katmad wrote:

I am also having this problem.  When I first log in to "compose new message" my contact list will appear.  Then in a flash, they are all gone.  If I start to type in a name in the "To:" field, the name is surrounded by a red box,  as if this name is not in my contact list.  When I go to contacts, all my many contacts are gone, and the header says I have no contacts.  What can I do to fix this problem?

There are 3 things you can do.  #1 call support and report this.  #2 wait awhile (no kidding) and Contacts might start working again.  #3 submit a suggestion:  "please fix the contact list problems"

I have done all 3.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I followed Senior Newbie's post and it worked for me also.  Thanks Senior Newbie.  I wonder why the prfile is linked and how it works?  FYI, I was only having this problem on in MS IE8 and 9.  The autocomplete and stored contacts work fine on Google Chrome all the time, so somehow it also seems linked to MS IE.  . 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

The contact problem hit me yesterday.  Is anyone out there getting any results by contacting AT&T?

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

12 years ago

@WestMichigan wrote:

The contact problem hit me yesterday.  Is anyone out there getting any results by contacting AT&T?

Did you try the Profile procedure described a few notes above this one?  It seems to have worked for all that have tried it.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

I did try changing my view to the classic view and that did nothing.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.