Protect yourself online
el_bucho's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 3:12 AM

Email contacts disappear

Today I noticed a problem with my email contacts missing in my sbcglobal.net/yahoo email account.  When I click on the contacts tab it says I have over 120 contacts and displays them all.  When I click on a list of contacts that I created it says the list is empty, then when I click on "all contacts" it says that I don't have any contacts.  Also, when a contact sends me an email, my inbox say 2 new emails, 0 from contacts.  Is anyone else having this problem or can explain what is going on?  Anyone from AT&T on this message board that can help?  Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

12 years ago

Discovered something.

When I've had problems with my contacts, I've noticed that my profile photo wasn't appearing in the upper left corner of my web mail screen.  I went to my Profile then back to web mail, did a refresh and shortly thereafter my photo appeared and contacts were OK.

It appears there needs to be a "connection" between one's Profile and Web Mail for Contacts to work properly.

I've done the above procedure several times and each time it has worked.  Maybe this will work for you too.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I"ve been having the same trouble for a few months now.  At first it was only in Internet Explorer, but as of today it's happening in Apple Safari too.  I hope someone has an answer.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Wow -- I certainly hope it doesn't take months to resolve this.  I have tried IE 8 from work, Safari and Firefox from home and the problem is the same.  Anyone from AT & T out there?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

After scanning other posts here, it looks like it has been going on for months and ATT has no idea how to fix it.  Good luck!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

We have been having the exact same problem for months.  No fix.  I was lucky and got my contact list to print after trying many times.  It always disappears when I look at it and scroll down.  I haven't been able to access the contact list to forward an email for a long time.  Sometimes it works OK but will the contact list will quickly disappear.  I am going with hotmail or gmail for my email, can't afford to trust AT&T to fix this. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

My address book does not work anymore for emails.  I type the first letter and before names would pop up and I could pick which one I wanted.  Now, nothing comes up and I can't email anyone.  Can anyone tell me how to fix that without having to call fricken Shrilanka?

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

12 years ago

This is a problem with many users, both ATT and Yahoo.  I read that Yahoo is working on it, but it's been more than several weeks (longer?) now and still no fix.

This is not a client side problem, so there is really nothing you can do to fix it.

Some say switching back to mail classic fixes the problem, but my guess is the old system uses different Yahoo infrastructure, so it appears to be a client issue.

I've tried the "new" yahoo email and it seems to always have problems with contacts lately.  It worked OK unitl about a month or so ago.  Using att mail (web mail) l also have problems, but there are times when contacts do work.  Tried classic mail and it had the least contact problems.

I've also read that Yahoo has people resource problems (aka layoffs), so getting things done is taking longer these days.

Just read another thread with people having Outlook problems.  Works sometimes, other times not.  Lots of finger pointing from support, no solutions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I too have been reporting this problem to att, prodigy, yahoo and sbcglobal, but no one anywhere seems to give a darn that they are all failing their paying customers! att is failing miserably now, they don't seem to give a hoot about this issue in the least.

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

12 years ago

There are MANY users with Contact List ( aka address book ) problems, both Yahoo and AT&T.

Some say switching to Mail Classic "fixes" the problems.  I think Mail Classic uses different infrastructure and as such appears to make things better.

IMO, AT&T and Yahoo have a systemic problem with contacts.  They need to put some good people on it and get it fixed.

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

12 years ago

Did a little test with my contact list today.

My contact list has 31 entries  (not huge)

Create new mail message

Click on "To:"

Only 23 contacts appear in the list

I'm missing 8 contacts (somehow)

Not sure if this is new behavior or not.  I do recall having to manually my brother's e-mail address the other day, because his name didn't auto-complete.  Used to work fine before.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.