For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
RodB7811's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, October 12th, 2014 5:23 AM

Default Sending Account

I have both a Yahoo Email and an sbcglobal.net email and my sbcglobal.net account has been my default sending account for years.  In the last week when I compose or reply to an email it automatically comes from my Yahoo account unless I manually change it.  I obviously do not want that as it's an email account I don't use and others won't recognize.  Is this a current bug that is going to be fixed or do I need to start looking for a different email provider as there is 0 chance I'm going to manually change the email address until eternity?

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

10 years ago

Did you look in the settings to make sure it was selected as the default sending account?

You need to click the little cog on the top right. click settings, then accounts, and look at the "Default Sending Account" on the list and select the one you want.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Yes my sbcglobal.net account is set as Default Sending Account in settings and when I compose, it uses my Yahoo account.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

10 years ago

Have you tried setting the default to the Yahoo in the options, closing out and then going back and setting it back to the default of the sbcglobal email? So, setting it to the other and changing it back?

Maybe someone else knows something about this that I don't.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Yeah that doesn't work either unfortunatley.  I tried signing out, signing back in.  Tried a different browser.  Went to my main Yahoo profile, switched the primary email to Yahoo and switched it back to sbcglobal.  Still have the same issue.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I am having the exact same issue. I tried chatting with ATT 3 times regarding this issue and all 3 times the chat froze up.  ATT even called me back but said they couldn't help me that I needed to talk to another department.  I told them to email me the fix.  Never happened.  This happened last year and I can't remember the fix.  I need this feature working.  Feature doesn't work on google, firefox or I.E.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I too am having this exact same issue, just in the last week.  Have tried everything listed above but nothing works!  VERY FRUSTRATING.

HEY AT&T, help us out here PLEASE!

As a side note, I would like to get rid of my Yahoo! email address as I never use it anymore and, as someone mentioned above, no one knows me by that email address.  I would like to do this WITHOUT getting rid of my sbcglobal.net address.  Does anyone know how to do this?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Still can't get default sending account feature to work, however I fooled around with the settings and if you go back to BASIC att yahoo the correct email shows up when I click on compose.  I tried reaching ATT by phone and spent over 3 hours talking to several reps.  The last one said that if I pay more $ I can get a rep to help me out with email issues.  Horrible company.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for that. How do I go back to the BASIC setting?

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

10 years ago

@CKW94954 wrote:
Thanks for that. How do I go back to the BASIC setting?

You can go back to basic by clicking the gear on the top right corner, clicking settings, and then in the "Viewing Email" tab, click on "Basic" for the "Mail Version."

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

While it's true that Compose works properly in Basic (uses desired email address from Default Sending Address), switching back to Basic is NOT a solution.  The fact that it works properly in Basic but not in the Full Featured AT&T Newmail is indicative that indeed there IS a problem that needs to be resolved, especially when it was working properly in Full Featured until recently.

AT&T Customer Care needs to contact Yahoo and resolve this problem so those of us who want to use Full Featured att/yahoo email can do so without any bugs.

When resolution is found, I hope that AT&T Customer Care or a community member will post it here.  Thank you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.