Posted Apr 9, 2013
6:54:39 PM
Can attach documents using att.net Classic but not when using New att.net

I have a sbcglobal.net email account & using Internet Explorer 8

When in New att.net email - I can select attach, I can see the document appear as attached, but after I hit send - no attachment transmits on my end or to the recipient.

However if I switch to att.net Classic email - no problem - attachments will email with no problem.

Problem seems to have started after I changed from XP to IE 8.

Anyone else having this problem?  Found a solution?  Thanks.

Can attach documents using att.net Classic but not when using New att.net

10 replies
(5) Me too
(5) Me too
Replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 11, 2013 8:21:16 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hello, I am having the exact issue. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. Also, classic mail only worked for a couple of days and now I can't attach documents to that either. I had to open a new email account with a different provider so I can email my work documents. I would love to know how to fix this. 

Re: Can attach documents using att.net Classic but not when using New att.net

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 13, 2013 8:49:16 AM
(0)
Mentor

Update on my original post - if I don't use IE browser, I can email attachments

- I realized the problem began after I followed the prompt on my email encouraging me to upgrade my Internet Explorer browser.  (was one of the ads that appears on the right side in New ATT mail - I selected and upgraded IE).

- I've concluded the problem probably has something to do with settings within IE.  I wish I had recorded my previous settings in IE before I upgraded.

- I added all the ways I access my email through Yahoo & ATT as trusted sites in IE, but still cannot load attachments in New ATT mail. 

- There is no indication when using the IE browser that there is a problem. The attachment shows like normal before I send. But after I send when I check the email - no attachments.

Not sure of the soution but found a workaround.

I decided to try a different browser. I downloaded both Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.

- I can use either of those different 2 browsers to add attachments to my email messages in New ATT Mail.

- However never can attach on the first try when I select  the attach button on bottom of email (where paperclip appears).

- Instead I get an error that files cannot be sent.

-  I select Try Again option, and then in next box that appears I select Switch.

- That leaves the only Attach button option at the top of the email (next to send button).

- I select that top attach button, and it will allow me attach & send attachments with New ATT mail.

It's a few extra steps but at least I don't have to change to Classic mail in order to send attachments.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 28, 2013 10:48:24 AM
(0)
Contributor
i am following the same workaround and hate it. Completely inefficient. Does anyone have a better solution? I'm using google chrome and on windows 7....this is a wreck!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 15, 2013 7:13:52 AM
(0)
Contributor

Same problem with the added frustration that Classic Mail it will stop allowing me to send messages unless I switch back to New Mail which will not send attachments.  After this I can switch back to Classic mail for a while  and it works fine but eventually stops allowing me to open or send email so I have to stich again to resor Classic.  .  I have tried contacting ATT but they make finding anyone that can help very difficult.  Does anyone have a phone number that works?  The only way I have gotten help in the past is to try to cancel the account whcih I guess I can do again. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 19, 2013 4:47:34 PM
(0)
Contributor
When I switch to Google to access my att/yahoo mail I can attach file and also upload new attachments. Problem is with the new ATT mail service.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 28, 2013 9:35:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

this is amazing.  this issues has existed since April 2013 and I was just asked to convert today (August 28th) and the first email I try to send is with an attachement that never finishes (it is only 17KB long).  this is a basic functionality of email...

when will this be fixed?  if it has, why did my conversion not work?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 27, 2013 7:35:50 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have this problem too, although my attachments just sit there appearing to upload for forever, but never do, until I stop that action, save the email as a draft, switch to the classic mode and attach from there.  I had this problem several months ago and it seemed to resolve on its own, but the problem has returned and has been around now for couple weeks I'd say.  I am using Internet Explorer 9 and Windows Vista.  When it happened to me several months ago, I was using Internet Explorer 7.  I wish they'd fix this.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 30, 2013 1:00:03 PM
(0)
Contributor
ANY version of IE seems not to allow multiple attachments of documents or pictures with the AT&T email program. I am using the latest Windows 8.1 and IE 11 and it WILL not do multiply attachments no matter how I try.
SO folks use a different program FireFox works just fine to multiply photo attachments....until AT&T and IE Fix there issues do not use them. Just my two cents..

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 7, 2014 12:03:57 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the same problem.  There is no try again button as I access my Outlook email via yahoo when I am at work.  The attach (paperclip) just hangs and hangs and never attaches.  If i forward an attachment and then forward it to whom I wish it works.  I hate this new upgrade stuff does not work right.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 7, 2014 12:06:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

how do I switch to classic mode