Protect yourself online
ksenor's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 4:16 PM

Closed

AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

This problem started yesterday out of the blue...

I am able to log on to my att/net email account and use all of the functions except I am unable to load the chat and get signed on.  When I click on the dropdown and select available, it says loading chat and then after 10 seconds or so goes back to offline.  This is happening in both FireFox 19.0.2 and IE 8.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kevin

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I'm seeing exactly the same problem. Hope this is resolved soon. My current workaround is to install the standalone messenger client (annoying)

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Installing Yahoo Messenger Client is NOT an option for ME.

Using multiple version of OS's, and browsers per day, my biggest concern is SECURITY.

Keeping it on the WEB is my only option Smiley Wink

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I sent customer care an email, and here is their response:

Thank you for letting us know about the problems you are experiencing with Yahoo Messenger. Yahoo engineers have been informed and are working on a resolution. Updates will be posted in this forum as they become available.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

This has been going on for almost a month. How long does it take to fix? Poor service....

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Well, it was said this was going to be fixed on April 27, 2013.  Its now the 29th and still doesnt work.

Smiley Indifferent

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

Any update?  I have not heard anything from AT&T....It would be different if I had a free account but i pay for this one.

This is really unacceptable and you are about to lose a customer.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I emailed again for an update... No response.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I also have been having the same problems. I have a personal yahoo account that loads chat just fine in all browsers but my att/sbcglobal email the chat will not load. It has been a few weeks now and I use that text feature often for work puroposes.  Is there a solution for this yet? 

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I have written to them twice and both times received a response of 'no news'.  Honestly, I don't even think they are working on this.  I find it impossible to believe that it has been going on two months with no solution if they actually are trying to fix the situation.  No network issues take this long to correct. 

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Why is this post listed as "solved" on the 1st post of the first page??

It certainly isn't solved and should be listed as such. The problem has been going on for quite a while with no resolution in sight.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.