Posted Mar 27, 2013
9:16:46 AM
AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

This problem started yesterday out of the blue...

I am able to log on to my att/net email account and use all of the functions except I am unable to load the chat and get signed on.  When I click on the dropdown and select available, it says loading chat and then after 10 seconds or so goes back to offline.  This is happening in both FireFox 19.0.2 and IE 8.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kevin

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Apr 5, 2013 11:18:15 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by k9jdk on Apr 5, 2013 at 11:25:10 AM

Last year I had problems w/messenger - email worked fine. Noticed Messenger wouldn't appear in the left panel occasionally.

Fixed when I clicked on my Profile ( it would appear in a new tab in my browser ) then restarted web mail. Seems like there needs to be a "connection" between your Profile and the Web Mail client, which *should* happen when one starts their web mail client.

A quick check - if your profile photo appears on your web mail client, you're probably OK.  If not, follow the bouncing ball in the above paragraph.

For me, the problem has not reappeared for quite some time now.

85 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(85)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 22, 2013 11:16:01 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi bar-j700,

Just wanted to check in and let you know that we received your private message. One of our managers will be reaching out to you.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Re: AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

61 of 86 (2,556 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 23, 2013 10:10:47 AM
(0)
Contributor
I'm seeing exactly the same problem. Hope this is resolved soon. My current workaround is to install the standalone messenger client (annoying)

62 of 86 (2,501 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 23, 2013 10:57:00 AM
(0)
Tutor

Installing Yahoo Messenger Client is NOT an option for ME.

Using multiple version of OS's, and browsers per day, my biggest concern is SECURITY.

Keeping it on the WEB is my only option :smileywink:

63 of 86 (2,494 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 23, 2013 1:31:46 PM
(0)
Voyager

I sent customer care an email, and here is their response:

Thank you for letting us know about the problems you are experiencing with Yahoo Messenger. Yahoo engineers have been informed and are working on a resolution. Updates will be posted in this forum as they become available.

64 of 86 (2,476 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 23, 2013 1:37:34 PM
(0)
Contributor

This has been going on for almost a month. How long does it take to fix? Poor service....

65 of 86 (2,473 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 29, 2013 5:43:41 AM
(0)
Tutor

Well, it was said this was going to be fixed on April 27, 2013.  Its now the 29th and still doesnt work.

:smileyindifferent:

66 of 86 (2,284 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 29, 2013 9:58:08 AM
(0)
Teacher

Any update?  I have not heard anything from AT&T....It would be different if I had a free account but i pay for this one.

This is really unacceptable and you are about to lose a customer.

67 of 86 (2,268 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 2, 2013 12:26:12 PM
(0)
Voyager

I emailed again for an update... No response.

68 of 86 (2,132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 7, 2013 12:08:00 PM
(0)
Voyager

I also have been having the same problems. I have a personal yahoo account that loads chat just fine in all browsers but my att/sbcglobal email the chat will not load. It has been a few weeks now and I use that text feature often for work puroposes.  Is there a solution for this yet? 

69 of 86 (1,966 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 9, 2013 9:52:16 PM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by cin8 on May 9, 2013 at 9:53:33 PM

I have written to them twice and both times received a response of 'no news'.  Honestly, I don't even think they are working on this.  I find it impossible to believe that it has been going on two months with no solution if they actually are trying to fix the situation.  No network issues take this long to correct. 

[ Edited ]
70 of 86 (1,866 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 12, 2013 9:58:56 AM
(0)
Voyager

Why is this post listed as "solved" on the 1st post of the first page??

It certainly isn't solved and should be listed as such. The problem has been going on for quite a while with no resolution in sight.

71 of 86 (1,811 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 13, 2013 4:49:33 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you AT&T for keeping us updated on what is going on.  Glad this still isnt fixed yet even though you said it was going to be by April 27th.  And somehow this topic is marked as answered still as well.  This is great!  Thanks!!!

Sarcasm

72 of 86 (1,790 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 14, 2013 7:56:17 AM
(0)
Voyager

Here is the most recent response I have gotten:

I apologize but there is currently not a solution for the chat issues we have been having.  Once it is solved we will post information within our fourms. 

Thanks

Ray, AT&T Social Media Manager

73 of 86 (1,730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 15, 2013 10:31:25 AM
(0)
Tutor

This is the only thing I have received....

We're making improvements to att.net Mail!

On or after June 10, 2013, through July 2013 all users of att.net Mail will be prompted to upgrade their att.net Mail accounts. You'll see some exciting changes in att.net webmail that include a new look and feel that makes att.net webmail even easier to use. Once your account is upgraded, the webmail version you're currently using will no longer be available.

What you can look forward to:
  • Faster email
  • The latest Mail spam-protection technology and scanning for relevant advertising display
  • Easier-to-use design

Important Notes:

• On the day of the att.net webmail upgrade, you will be able to choose to customize the email scanning settings for your account.
  • There is no impact to your email IDs, saved messages, webmail folders, passwords, email client settings, or service, based on this upgrade.
  • To learn more about the new att.net Mail visit http://www.att.com/latestmail

We hope you enjoy the new att.net Mail.

Sincerely,
AT&T Internet Services Customer Care

74 of 86 (1,668 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 15, 2013 1:26:33 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by k9jdk on May 16, 2013 at 12:52:35 PM

I've been using the "upgraded" version (mentioned above) of web mail for several months now. It was made available to Yahoo users back in December 2012.  The "upgraded" version does NOT fix the problem discussed in this thread.

[ Edited ]
75 of 86 (1,650 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 16, 2013 12:49:40 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by k9jdk on May 16, 2013 at 12:54:21 PM

I agree w/others that this thread's issue should NOT be marked as resolved. Actually it's my post that WAS marked as the solution and the solution worked some time ago, but no longer.  Most likely a related but different problem than what's going on now.

Messenger (or what others call chat) is broken. Yahoo users (not AT&T) are having similar problems - going offline, can't re-connect, never connects, etc.

Also, there should be a "place" where updates on issues can be seen by users. A single thread (like this one) in a user community forum is NOT that "place".

[ Edited ]
76 of 86 (1,598 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 16, 2013 2:15:29 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by k9jdk on May 16, 2013 at 2:16:58 PM

Found this on Yahoo Answers a few minutes ago:

**UPDATE 5/16**

All Yahoo! Customers should be able to see Messenger in Mail once again. A new fix has been pushed this morning and this should resolve all issues. Like the previous update, please reply to this post if you still encounter a problem after clearing browser cache and cookies.

Have no idea if this will fix what's been wrong w/messenger described in this thread but I did notice my Messenger behaving itself for the past hour or so.

[ Edited ]
77 of 86 (1,581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 16, 2013 4:12:58 PM
(0)
Voyager

Well this was exciting... for about 30 seconds. I cleared cache, logged off, logged back in. Still same issue. Tries to connect to chat for about 10 seconds then stops and goes offline.

78 of 86 (1,567 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 16, 2013 5:34:43 PM
(0)
Scholar

Just did a test with my son.  Sent him a text from Messenger and he got it in a few seconds.  I asked him to send back an answer.  That was >10 minutes ago.  Nothing received yet.

My Messenger is light is green - available.  It was going Offline before today and I was not able to change that status.

If I do eventually get a reply, I'll note it here.  

79 of 86 (1,558 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 17, 2013 5:26:41 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by k9jdk on May 17, 2013 at 5:28:56 AM

Got the reply -  took 28 minutes.

Messenger status still "green", didn't go "off line" overnight

[ Edited ]
80 of 86 (1,518 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 22, 2013 3:45:47 PM
(0)
Voyager

I haven't seen replies from any other forum posters as to their ability to log in as k9jdk has been able to do in his last post.

I can tell you that after clearing cache and all cookies I still have the same problem- tries to log into chat for about 10 seconds and says offline. So my status with Yahoo chat is still the same as before k9jdk's recent post.

81 of 86 (1,374 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 23, 2013 11:55:13 AM
(0)
Teacher

No change here...still can't use the feature

82 of 86 (1,341 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 3, 2013 7:43:44 AM
(0)
Tutor

Messenger does work.....just not with AT&T email.

I used the app on my phone and it still logs in and stays connected just fine.  Sends and receives messages as well.  I havent tried it using a messenger client on a computer in quite sometime.  Becasue quite frankly I dont want to be updating software for something like this every time an update comes out.  Its nice they had a version built into email so that when you were checking email you could also chat. Anyway......

What I have been using is http://imo.im  Its working just fine.  The problem is with however WebMessenger works with ATT email.  Considering they have a partnership you would THINK that if anything worked it would be between them but no.  The IMO.IM portal works flawlessly though.  Go figure.

Re: At&T Yahoo email - Chat function down?

83 of 86 (1,137 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 4, 2013 6:01:09 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by fuzi0n4 on Jun 4, 2013 at 6:05:29 AM

I find it interresting that I comment about http://imo.im and its use with Yahoo IM yesterday and now its not working at all today.  LOL

Hmmm, now it wont work via ANY medium.  If Yahoo IM wanted to just go away, it should have just notified everyone that it wouldnt be available any longer.  An IT service cant go that long without being down these days.  Most everyone will find something else, which probably already most users already have.

So that leaves me and all the camgirls/spammers then?  No thanks!  I guess Im leaving Yahoo too.  BYE!

[ Edited ]
84 of 86 (1,076 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 4, 2013 8:49:31 AM
(0)
Scholar

Tested texting this morning.  Sent to two different numbers.  Both received and replied within a few seconds.

Did notice no blink indication when messages came in and Conversation History is not a folder anymore.  It can be found under "Available" where Options and other Messenger stuff lives.

I'm in the Chicagoland area.

85 of 86 (1,066 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 11, 2013 9:46:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

June 11, 2013 at&t announced a few daze ago that an update was comming for at&t Yahoo webmail, well I logged in and and mail upgrade was offered, accepted at&t Yahoo mail update and and Guess what Willis, online messenger now magically works. 

I guess they went to Tom's Truck Center in down town 92704 hired a super wrecker to "Reverse their Cranial Re3tal Inversion" only took 3 1/2 months.

Re: AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger now resolved by email update

86 of 86 (914 Views)