Posted Mar 27, 2013
9:16:46 AM
View profile
AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

This problem started yesterday out of the blue...

I am able to log on to my att/net email account and use all of the functions except I am unable to load the chat and get signed on.  When I click on the dropdown and select available, it says loading chat and then after 10 seconds or so goes back to offline.  This is happening in both FireFox 19.0.2 and IE 8.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kevin

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 5, 2013 11:18:15 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by k9jdk on Apr 5, 2013 at 11:25:10 AM

Last year I had problems w/messenger - email worked fine. Noticed Messenger wouldn't appear in the left panel occasionally.

Fixed when I clicked on my Profile ( it would appear in a new tab in my browser ) then restarted web mail. Seems like there needs to be a "connection" between your Profile and the Web Mail client, which *should* happen when one starts their web mail client.

A quick check - if your profile photo appears on your web mail client, you're probably OK.  If not, follow the bouncing ball in the above paragraph.

For me, the problem has not reappeared for quite some time now.

85 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(85)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2013 11:28:03 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Please see my post directly above yours and send a PM to ATTCustomerCare. 

Thanks!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: At&T Yahoo email - Chat function down?

31 of 86 (2,717 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2013 12:12:03 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the same problem - how was this resolved?

Re: AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

32 of 86 (2,713 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2013 12:20:10 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Please see my earlier post in this thread and send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

33 of 86 (2,708 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2013 10:48:15 AM
(0)
Teacher

Having this same problem!!

I was logged on this morning chatting with a friend.... out of nowhere my status went from Available to OFFLINE.

Nothing I do gets me back in.

Something was done....

This is lame!

34 of 86 (2,651 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2013 7:17:22 AM
(0)
Tutor

Still no word from Yahoo or AT&T even though I followed the instructions to create a PM two days ago.  This is the best!  Guess we will just have to go use a service that works.

35 of 86 (2,587 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2013 7:21:21 AM
(0)
Teacher
I am in the same boat with you!
Service has not been working and no response.
I sent 2 PMs and nothing.

36 of 86 (2,585 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2013 7:31:40 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

mamntfca wrote:
I am in the same boat with you!
Service has not been working and no response.
I sent 2 PMs and nothing.

I see Ryan replied and created a case for you yesterday. Can you please check your private messages by clicking in the upper right hand corner. 

--------------

37 of 86 (2,584 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2013 7:32:36 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hey all, 

Thank you for letting us know about the problems you are experiencing with Yahoo Messenger. Yahoo engineers have been informed and are working on a resolution. I'll keep you updated in this thread.

--------------

38 of 86 (2,585 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2013 7:47:54 AM
(0)
Teacher
Sent PM yesterday morning and have not received any response back.

39 of 86 (2,580 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2013 7:50:03 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

fuzi0n4 wrote:

Still no word from Yahoo or AT&T even though I followed the instructions to create a PM two days ago.  This is the best!  Guess we will just have to go use a service that works.

Please check your private messages. I see that Ryan created a case for you on the 10th. 

--------------

40 of 86 (2,577 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2013 8:40:14 AM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks!!! I didnt even know I had a message there until you told me. LOL

I replied back to Ryan. The general response was that it would have been nice for Yahoo to acknowledge the problem and send a communication out that it is working to resolve the issue with an expected restoration date.

Its customer service 101. I am probably preaching to the choir, but....

41 of 86 (2,583 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2013 9:37:13 AM
(0)
Tutor

I've sent a PM 3 days ago and still no reply but thanks for all the update here

42 of 86 (2,571 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2013 10:09:56 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

johnclo88 wrote:

I've sent a PM 3 days ago and still no reply but thanks for all the update here

I see that you sent a private message on the 10th. I'm sorry it hasn't been responded to yet. I will let the team know. 

--------------

43 of 86 (2,567 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2013 1:43:37 PM
(0)
Teacher

I dont have any PM's

I checked and my in box is empty.

BUT- if at least this is being looked into I can guess its an issue.

44 of 86 (2,539 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2013 5:55:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks Jamileh for trying to help.

I have been having the same problem for almost 2 weeks. 3 different PC's at 3 different locations IE and Chrome. None of the suggestions above have worked.

Thanks

45 of 86 (2,518 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2013 11:16:15 AM
(0)
Voyager

You can add me to the list of people that have not been able to sign into ATT/Yahoo chat for about a week.

It says "loading chat" for about 10 seconds and then says "offline".  Repeated tries, clearing cache/cookies logging off/on ,  different browsers and different computers give the same results, after 10 seconds of the "loading chat" message the status shows "offline".

It looks to only be associated with ATT/Yahoo chat. If I log into my Yahoo account and start chat with my Yahoo ID the chat works fine.

46 of 86 (2,482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2013 8:18:40 PM
(0)
Voyager

Jamileh,

Would it be possible for you to recommend Yahoo! send a note to its users stating they are working on this issue?  Then again it would be nice for them to send a note when the issue has been resolved.

Thanks.

47 of 86 (2,427 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2013 6:57:17 AM
(0)
Teacher

I guess there is not going to be a fix,update or explanation.

I still can not load the chat.

AND I never recieved a PM response either.

Not sure I would need one to just tell me "its being looked into"

Oh well... guess I'll have to move on.

48 of 86 (2,394 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2013 5:43:28 AM
(0)
Contributor

Does anyone know when this problem will be solved? It's been almost 2 weeks now that I can't change my chat status to available. It keeps going back to offline. This is really frustrating.

49 of 86 (2,329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2013 8:14:51 AM
(0)
Contributor

Same story as everyone else, used to able to text through chat, now can't change status from offline - been waiting for a fix to be posted - but, nothing yet.  AT&T what is the problem?

50 of 86 (2,314 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2013 8:57:31 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I'm sorry but I don't have any update other than the one I posted on the 12th. When I have news, I'll post it here. 

--------------

51 of 86 (2,300 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2013 7:09:29 AM
(0)
Voyager

Having the same issue for 3 weeks.  Is this ever going to be fixed?

52 of 86 (2,191 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2013 10:41:54 AM
(0)
Contributor

Having the same issue as well, Using yahoo messenger on phone till resolved which I hope is soon!!! 

Thanks!

Vicky

53 of 86 (2,164 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2013 7:34:47 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same problem for weeks - unable switch from "Offline" to "Available"

54 of 86 (2,067 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2013 9:37:42 AM
(0)
Voyager

Been having the same issue for about 3 weeks. Annoying!:smileymad:

55 of 86 (2,055 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2013 1:37:40 PM
(0)
Tutor

To all,

I have been experiencing the issues with no Webmail Chat since early may.

The issue to my best guess is Between "at&t" and YAHOO webmail.

Let me explain, I have two more NON-merged Yahoo accounts and Webmail Chat works F.I.N.E..

Yahoo REQUIRES you to upgrade to its Newest Webmail, but "at&t" merged (yahoo) is blocked from upgrading by at&t.

The only solution is to Drop your Merged Yahoo account, unless you can get Unmerge the account.

I have read how to accomplish this, but at&t has removed all the unmerge account links.

cturk2@yahoo.com

PS they want to send you to a 3rd party to resolve this for $80 dolllars. Guess what they cant fix it either, neither unmerge your account or get your "att yahoo" account Webmail upgraded.

Quit focussing on the users computer, YAHOO chat works great on NON "at&t yahoo" accounts.

56 of 86 (2,010 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2013 2:37:47 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Taylarie on Apr 21, 2013 at 5:22:12 PM

Well shut my mouth, Excerpt from Support Chat session just a few minutes ago

:smileysurprised:

Thank you for contacting AT&T, my name is Raveen. Mr. ***

Raveen (***)

Mr. ***, this is a known issue with the Yahoo messenger.

Raveen (***)

The Yahoo technicians are working on it, to get the issue resolved.

Raveen (***)

All the Yahoo related issues, will be resolved by the 27th of this month

TRON:  "END LINE":smileyfrustrated:

{Personal content removed for your safety}

[ Edited ]
57 of 86 (2,006 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2013 2:44:36 PM
(0)
Tutor

att finally fessed up and said it is an issue between att and yahoo

Yahoo-at&t.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

58 of 86 (2,005 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2013 4:35:50 PM
(0)
Tutor

That is not the current issue.

The issue was a change by Yahoo (03/01/2013) in its Webmail application not ported to att Webmail users

59 of 86 (1,995 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2013 9:52:28 PM
(0)
Scholar
how about more like almost 3 years this had been going on and off

60 of 86 (1,979 Views)