Protect yourself online
ksenor's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 4:16 PM

Closed

AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

This problem started yesterday out of the blue...

I am able to log on to my att/net email account and use all of the functions except I am unable to load the chat and get signed on.  When I click on the dropdown and select available, it says loading chat and then after 10 seconds or so goes back to offline.  This is happening in both FireFox 19.0.2 and IE 8.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kevin

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I just tried that link you posted and got the following message

Our records show your Yahoo! account is provided by AT&T

Because your Yahoo! access is provided through your AT&T account, all support for account and email issues will be provided by AT&T.
If your issue is related to another Yahoo! product, you can return to our form and choose another product for support.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

It's quit working for me too.  Do not use it that often.  But, noticed it this pass week end.  Send text to my kids phones when I am online.  Have tried it on 3 computers.  All not working.  My history/cache is cleared.  One of my computers is only 2 weeks old.  I believe the problem is not the user but the provider.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

@jking206 wrote:

I just tried that link you posted and got the following message

Our records show your Yahoo! account is provided by AT&T

Because your Yahoo! access is provided through your AT&T account, all support for account and email issues will be provided by AT&T.
If your issue is related to another Yahoo! product, you can return to our form and choose another product for support.

Alrighty 🙂 In that case, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

My wife and I use this to communicate throughout the day - but it has not allowed us to log in for 2 days now.  Anyone know if this is an AT&T / Yahoo issue?  Is it being addressed?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

This has been happening for several weeks.  Symptoms are:

• If one is lucky enough to access their webmail (it doesnt always work from the yahoo homepage) upon authentication the Yahoo InMail Messenger says "Connecting..."  takes forever and then just quits.
  • This happens on multiple operating systems, through multiple browsers, and a myriad of different networks.

The only constant here seems to be Yahoo and InMail Messenger.  I am so glad I found this post because I couldnt find any other recent issues that many customers were reporting problems.  On one of my computers, InMail Messenger works perfectly fine in IE, but doesnt work at all in Firefox.  What did Yahoo do to break this???   I am also sorry to report that the comment marked at the solution may have worked for 1 person, but it isnt the solution here.  Thanks.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I've tried updating / clearing history as well.  Still nothing this morning.  Just goes bact to "offline"

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have tried both Firefox and IE and chat still will not load.  It states offline. If you try to click on "available" it will say loading then go back to offline.

We pay for a service that we don't get.  Please fix this AT&T.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

If you're experiencing this issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number (if you're an AT&T customer), email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

I"m having the same issue on several of my PC as well.

I only have 1 PC that can use this function which is running XP wtih IE 8.

My Mac with Safari, Chrome and 2 other PCs w/ Vista with IE10 and Chrome are all not working either.

It doesn't matter where I try, work or home have same results

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Please see my post directly above yours and send a PM to ATTCustomerCare. 

Thanks!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.