Posted Mar 27, 2013
9:16:46 AM
AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

This problem started yesterday out of the blue...

I am able to log on to my att/net email account and use all of the functions except I am unable to load the chat and get signed on.  When I click on the dropdown and select available, it says loading chat and then after 10 seconds or so goes back to offline.  This is happening in both FireFox 19.0.2 and IE 8.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kevin

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Apr 5, 2013 11:18:15 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by k9jdk on Apr 5, 2013 at 11:25:10 AM

Last year I had problems w/messenger - email worked fine. Noticed Messenger wouldn't appear in the left panel occasionally.

Fixed when I clicked on my Profile ( it would appear in a new tab in my browser ) then restarted web mail. Seems like there needs to be a "connection" between your Profile and the Web Mail client, which *should* happen when one starts their web mail client.

A quick check - if your profile photo appears on your web mail client, you're probably OK.  If not, follow the bouncing ball in the above paragraph.

For me, the problem has not reappeared for quite some time now.

Accepted Solution

AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

85 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(85)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 27, 2013 12:59:06 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I just attempted to load the chat and it worked just fine. Perhaps this was a momentary issue.

Can you please try again and let us know if you're still having the same issue?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

2 of 86 (6,286 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 27, 2013 2:03:43 PM
(0)
Teacher
I started having the problem yesterday morning and it has continued throughout all of today. I have tried every now and then to load it with no success.

Thanks

3 of 86 (6,276 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 27, 2013 2:09:48 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Is this at work or at home? If it's at work, perhaps your employer has changed your proxy and no longer allows chat based programs?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 86 (6,274 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 28, 2013 7:04:59 AM
(0)
Contributor

I cannot access my chat from work or home for my email and that was the best feature

. It has been going on all week. PLease help!

5 of 86 (6,256 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 28, 2013 7:13:26 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Will you please make sure your Adobe Flash player is up to date? http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

--------------

6 of 86 (6,250 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 28, 2013 8:01:23 AM
(0)
Teacher
It is at work but do not think its a proxy access issue because my co-worker is on just fine. I do have the latest Flash player.

Now today, I can log on to chat using IE8 but not able to do so with Firefox (my preferred browser).

Very strange
Thanks for your help with this issue, Jamileh

7 of 86 (6,241 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 28, 2013 8:06:24 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Thanks for the update ksenor. 

I'm doing a bit more research on this as it may be something we need to talk to Yahoo about but I'm glad you're able to access chat again!

--------------

8 of 86 (6,240 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 28, 2013 8:29:54 AM
(0)
Teacher
I cleared all history in FF and now am able to log into chat using both FF and IE.

9 of 86 (6,241 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 28, 2013 8:32:14 AM
(0)
Teacher

Here is how to clear history for future searches...

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache#Firefox

10 of 86 (6,241 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 28, 2013 8:35:27 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Great advice. 

becjt - can you try this and let me know if it resolves your issue?

--------------

11 of 86 (6,234 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 28, 2013 10:31:30 AM
(0)
Contributor

updates Adobe and cleared history. Still Nothnig:smileysad:   I'll check again at home tonight.

12 of 86 (6,222 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 28, 2013 10:32:36 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Okay, let us know. 

--------------

13 of 86 (6,222 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 4, 2013 10:04:04 AM
(0)
Teacher
Now the problem is back....unable to connect to chat in IE8 nor FF. Cleared browser history in both and that did not fix problem. This occurs while connected through company network, home network and wireless card.

14 of 86 (6,042 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 4, 2013 11:12:11 AM
(0)
Contributor

Same here.   It stopped working, then out of the blue started to work again, and now just today stopped working again.

Somewhere, there is a link problem and the in mail shat is not communication with something. 

15 of 86 (6,035 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 5, 2013 5:48:34 AM
(0)
Contributor

The 'solution' above does not work for me either. Just starting recently within the past week, I have the same exact issue. Everything works fine in the email site (mail.yahoo.com) other than the messenger. It just says 'offline', and selecting anything else just causes it to load...and fail to load (goes back to just saying 'offline').

It occurs on multiple email-accounts (personal and work) on multiple computers (laptop at home, tower at work) on multiple browsers (firefox at home, IE at work). My flash player is up to date in every occurance, and I have tried the above suggestion of clearing the cache, to no result.

16 of 86 (5,985 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 5, 2013 10:39:49 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have same problem. So where is the solution ATT?

17 of 86 (5,928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Apr 5, 2013 11:18:15 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by k9jdk on Apr 5, 2013 at 11:25:10 AM

Last year I had problems w/messenger - email worked fine. Noticed Messenger wouldn't appear in the left panel occasionally.

Fixed when I clicked on my Profile ( it would appear in a new tab in my browser ) then restarted web mail. Seems like there needs to be a "connection" between your Profile and the Web Mail client, which *should* happen when one starts their web mail client.

A quick check - if your profile photo appears on your web mail client, you're probably OK.  If not, follow the bouncing ball in the above paragraph.

For me, the problem has not reappeared for quite some time now.

[ Edited ]
18 of 86 (5,919 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 8, 2013 5:55:06 AM
(0)
Contributor

My chat/texting continues to say "offline".  I have tried loading through IE, Safari, and Foxfire, my Adobe Flash is up to date, cleared cache and history, but still getting "offline".  I was able to access a couple of times when I signed on to email through att.net, but now even getting to email that way, chat still doesn't work.

19 of 86 (5,745 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 8, 2013 8:15:13 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Have you tried 

--------------

20 of 86 (5,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 8, 2013 8:15:53 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am having this same problem as well...cannot access from home or work.   exactly as they have both described....shows me "offline" then click to make "available" it says "loading chat" for a while...then goes right to offline

21 of 86 (5,738 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 8, 2013 8:16:51 AM
(0)
Contributor

I just tried that link you posted and got the following message

Our records show your Yahoo! account is provided by AT&T

Because your Yahoo! access is provided through your AT&T account, all support for account and email issues will be provided by AT&T.
If your issue is related to another Yahoo! product, you can return to our form and choose another product for support.

22 of 86 (5,737 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 8, 2013 8:47:31 AM
(0)
Tutor

It's quit working for me too.  Do not use it that often.  But, noticed it this pass week end.  Send text to my kids phones when I am online.  Have tried it on 3 computers.  All not working.  My history/cache is cleared.  One of my computers is only 2 weeks old.  I believe the problem is not the user but the provider.

23 of 86 (5,736 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 8, 2013 8:51:57 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

jking206 wrote:

I just tried that link you posted and got the following message

Our records show your Yahoo! account is provided by AT&T

Because your Yahoo! access is provided through your AT&T account, all support for account and email issues will be provided by AT&T.
If your issue is related to another Yahoo! product, you can return to our form and choose another product for support.

Alrighty :smileyhappy: In that case, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

--------------

24 of 86 (5,729 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 9, 2013 5:54:11 AM
(0)
Contributor

My wife and I use this to communicate throughout the day - but it has not allowed us to log in for 2 days now.  Anyone know if this is an AT&T / Yahoo issue?  Is it being addressed?

At&T Yahoo email - Chat function down?

25 of 86 (5,623 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2013 5:11:19 AM
(0)
Tutor

This has been happening for several weeks.  Symptoms are:

• If one is lucky enough to access their webmail (it doesnt always work from the yahoo homepage) upon authentication the Yahoo InMail Messenger says "Connecting..."  takes forever and then just quits.
  • This happens on multiple operating systems, through multiple browsers, and a myriad of different networks.

The only constant here seems to be Yahoo and InMail Messenger.  I am so glad I found this post because I couldnt find any other recent issues that many customers were reporting problems.  On one of my computers, InMail Messenger works perfectly fine in IE, but doesnt work at all in Firefox.  What did Yahoo do to break this???   I am also sorry to report that the comment marked at the solution may have worked for 1 person, but it isnt the solution here.  Thanks.

Re: At&T Yahoo email - Chat function down?

26 of 86 (5,529 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2013 5:11:28 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by bcox0424 on Apr 10, 2013 at 5:37:49 AM

I've tried updating / clearing history as well.  Still nothing this morning.  Just goes bact to "offline"

[ Edited ]
27 of 86 (5,529 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2013 6:35:34 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have tried both Firefox and IE and chat still will not load.  It states offline. If you try to click on "available" it will say loading then go back to offline.

We pay for a service that we don't get.  Please fix this AT&T.

28 of 86 (5,512 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2013 6:37:58 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

If you're experiencing this issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number (if you're an AT&T customer), email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

--------------

29 of 86 (5,508 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2013 10:06:10 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by johnclo88 on Apr 10, 2013 at 10:07:14 AM

I"m having the same issue on several of my PC as well.

I only have 1 PC that can use this function which is running XP wtih IE 8.

My Mac with Safari, Chrome and 2 other PCs w/ Vista with IE10 and Chrome are all not working either.

It doesn't matter where I try, work or home have same results

[ Edited ]
30 of 86 (5,476 Views)