Posted Dec 1, 2013
dsl to uverse internet
The blue cables are for dsl
And the orange cables are for uverse internet.a
I have connection on dsl as now which i will cancel after i activated the uverse internet. My modem 2wire 3600 broadband light keeps blinking red so what should i do? https://picasaweb.google.com/m/zoom?uname=105401359998578118932&aid=5952331129633214961&id=595233235...

Can i just switch the blue and orange or connect orange with/on blue cable.. I understand that blue are pair 1 and orange would be pair 2

dsl to uverse internet

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 1, 2013
(0)
Many things wrong with post
1st on residential account cannot have DSL and Uverse at same time at same address, if dsl is still working, uverse has not been installed.

2nd the tech doing uverse should at minimum be replacing ceramic protector with gel protector, and truthfully taking it all down and installing a new NID.

3rd as your doing a self install the inside wiring (red/green) should be replaced with cat5, your responsibility on self install, if tech replaces charged $99.

4th if suspect signal is already there on orange (not tagged like blue pair) then exchange the connections remove blue pair from fed/green and attach orange pair.

Based on pic, not updated,replaced or tagged and DSL still working, I do not think your service has been installed yet.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: dsl to uverse internet

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 1, 2013
(0)
Removed the blue cables, then i put tbe orange cable uverse workded
Thanks for the reply

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 2, 2013
(0)

Running high speed DSL over quad.  Good luck with your service.  You'll probably need some.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 5, 2013
(0)

There're plenty of high speed DSL circuits working on quad wire at the moment with zero problems whatsoever. If the customer is close enough and has enough signal to keep the RG in sync, whether they use quad wire or CAT5 makes little or no difference.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 6, 2013
(0)

DSL circuits at 1.5 Mbps, sure. 3.0 Mbps, maybe.  Anything more, I'd definitely go twisted pair.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 6, 2013
(0)

Idealy we want EVERYTHING on twisted pair, however I've seen customers with HSIA only pulling HSIA24 on quad. Look at MDU's (multiple dwelling units - apartments)...most of those aren't capable of having a new CAT5 pulling to them, yet they're still pulling 70ish megs on the quad wire (it's all about the footage and attenuation).

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 8, 2013
(0)

It's also about the crosstalk, and RF absorption from sources other than the adjacent wires.