For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
joesioson's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, January 23rd, 2015 6:32 PM

glass replacement

My edge glass cracked can I get a repair or replacement?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

@joesioson wrote:
My edge glass cracked can I get a repair or replacement?

Are you referring to your smart phone? I would take it to an AT&T store, and show it to them. If you have an Iphone, I would take it to an Apple Store first or to an AT&T store second. Does anyone have any better suggestions?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

9 years ago

Do you mean your Samsung Edge?
I was afraid the design was risky....
Ask about the cost of replacement. You will have to pay for it yourself, up to the deductable, IF it was insured.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @joesioson

I’m sorry to hear of your device damage! I’d be happy to help. First, we’ll need to check if your line has mobile insurance. You can determine this by checking your AT&T bill. In the section for this line, you would see the $6.99 charge for Mobile Insurance. Alternatively, if you login to myAT&T and from the I want to… menu choose Manage my Plan and Services > Add or Change a Service, you will see the Mobile Insurance feature selected if active on your line.

Filing an insurance claim will result in your device being replaced, and a deductible being billed to your next AT&T Bill. The cost of the deductible is based both on the device, and the length of time covered by insurance with no claim. For example, if the base deductible for your device is $199 (the highest tier), and you have had insurance for 12 months or more with no claims, the deductible would be reduced to $99.

In order to file an insurance claim, head to https://www.phoneclaim.com/att and click File a Claim. The cost of the deductible will be shown in the final step before you submit the claim, so you can see what it would cost before agreeing to the replacement.

If you do not have Mobile Insurance, I would recommend speaking with the manufacturer directly to receive a quoted price for a repair. At AT&T, we are currently unable to offer device repairs and recommend all repairs be made by the original manufacturer.

If this helps, please mark this answer as an accepted solution!

Thanks,

Charise

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

9 years ago

There is a virtual industry grown up around replacing screens. You'll  have to do some looking around locally, as I'm not allowed to give suggestions on this forum. Cost should be less than $100; cheaper than a new smart phones.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.