Get the myAT&T app
guangzl1's profile

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

Saturday, November 23rd, 2013 9:58 PM

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Chinese text message

I have a problem with sending Chinese character on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 device. Before the message is sent, it has the following message pop up first before allowing me to send it: 

"Attention:

Message may be corrupted on recipient device. Change input mode to automatic. "

Is there anyway to fix this issue?

Anybody know?

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, guangzl 1!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty sending text messages with Chinese characters. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can help.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have the same problem. Please let me know how to solve this? 

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @sujeff 

Are you getting the same message as OP? As I understand it, it simply notifies you that while your phone supports Chinese characters, your recipient's phone might not, and if that's what happens, the problem is actually not your phone, but a limitations on their end.

Are your text recipients having problems opening your messages?

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi dmitri,
My recipient's phone does support chinese characters, and the problem still exists.
Please let me know the solution. I just purchased the note 3 a week ago.
thanks.
Shaw

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Is the person you sending it to telling you they're having issues reading your text? The message on your phone is just a warning that there might potentially be an issue on recipient's end, it doesn't necessarily say there is. As stated in the message, switching to automatic (I assume they're referring to encoding or font) should solve it.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

It is in the automatic mode, but is still showing the same error message every time i try to send a text message.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm having the same issue but with Japanese text. I am able to send Japanese text to the same recipient using Kakaotalk, but when I send Japanese text to the same person using Messaging, they get lots of question marks. This happens with multiple recipients so I'm convinced the issue is on my device, not the recipient's device

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have a Galaxy Note 3 and it's says the same error message for the standard emojicons that are orginally are on the phone ... please help I even tried sending it to my fiancé who has the same phone and he could on see "??" And vice versa to see if it was just my phone.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.