Need your talk or text logs?
davidrhorer's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, April 24th, 2014 11:48 AM

can't send picture messages

We are new customers and have ATT Radiant ZTE Z740 phones. We have been able to send picture messages, but now for some reason we can't. I've tried everything, but nothing seems to help. We are online, the file sizes are appropriate, we're doing everything right, but still can't send those sms messages. Any help would be appreciated.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 years ago

@davidrhorer wrote:

We are new customers and have ATT Radiant ZTE Z740 phones. We have been able to send picture messages, but now for some reason we can't. I've tried everything, but nothing seems to help. We are online, the file sizes are appropriate, we're doing everything right, but still can't send those sms messages. Any help would be appreciated.

In order to send or receive picture messages (MMS, not SMS), you must have a working cellular data connection. Have you, per chance, turned off cellular data?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, mobile data is always on when we send picture messages. It turns out that the phone in question was defective. We had replaced the SIM card etc. etc. and still had no luck. We just received a new refurbished replacement, and can now send picture messages. Hooray!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I purchased an unlocked non ATT phone yesterday and it would not send or receive pictures (aka MMS messages).  The solution was to set up the APN (Access Point Name) with carrier specific information.  Deep in your settings. (something like settings->mobile data ->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names.

In specific for ATT in 2018 this worked for my LG V20:

APN: nxtgenphone
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Port: 80

MCC: 310

MNC: 410

APN Type:  default,mms,supl,hipri,fota

APN Proto and Roaming:  IPv4/IPv6

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am having the same problem. My phone worked fine for the last year or so sending and receiving picture texts, and now it says not supported by network every time I try. I have been on the phone with straight talk( I use straight talk with an AT&T Sim card) at least a dozen times in the last week trying to get this issue resolved. We have reset APN names and settings every way they can think of, and even went as far as to reset the phone to default factory settings yesterday. NOTHING is working to resolve the issue. If anyone has any information that could help me resolve this issue it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.