For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
nickttm's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, August 26th, 2014 11:13 PM

Why is it, that when im connected to WiFi, my phone is using data instead.

Hi, soo even when im connected to wifi.... strong wifi.. my phone is using data.. it shows both wifi and data symbols in the status bar.. and will show 4G "data" coming and going.. and everyone once in awhile wifi "data"...its been eating up my data and killing my battery quicker than normal

I have the Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro (i547)

I have read about the "caller Name ID" app that if you disable the problem will be solved.. but i have looked for it several times with out finding it. i believe it started doing this because of an update.. not positive.

If anybody has ideas to try or a solution that would be GREAT! and thank you in advance.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@nickttm wrote:

Hi, soo even when im connected to wifi.... strong wifi.. my phone is using data.. it shows both wifi and data symbols in the status bar.. and will show 4G "data" coming and going.. and everyone once in awhile wifi "data"...its been eating up my data and killing my battery quicker than normal

I have the Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro (i547)

I have read about the "caller Name ID" app that if you disable the problem will be solved.. but i have looked for it several times with out finding it. i believe it started doing this because of an update.. not positive.

If anybody has ideas to try or a solution that would be GREAT! and thank you in advance.

Should just be able to turn off mobile data usage when your gonna be around a wireless network for any length of time. You can also use "Airplane Mode" which will turn off calls, messages, and data usage. It will also turn off your wi-fi, so you'll have to turn that back on manually after enabling airplane mode.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hey Joe,

if i turn off my data with the wifi on. it still will not connect. it shows information being sent and recived but i have no access to the internet from any app... the only way around that is i have to turn off data. let wifi connect. restart my phone. and reconnet.. then i will be good untill i turn data on and then i have to repeat that to use wifi

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.