Need your talk or text logs?
Gdubss31's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, December 19th, 2011 11:42 PM

Unlimited Messaging Plan

Does anyone know if you have have the family unlimited plan and one of your lines does not have a data plan (rzor phone old ) if they can receive/send picture/video texts withouth getting charged for data? HELPPPPPPP

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

12 years ago

@Gdubss31 wrote:

Does anyone know if you have have the family unlimited plan and one of your lines does not have a data plan (rzor phone old ) if they can receive/send picture/video texts withouth getting charged for data? HELPPPPPPP

If that phone is also under your Family Talk Plan, the Unlimited Family Messaging Plan would INCLUDE ALL lines on your account. With Unlimited Family Messaging, texts, picture messages  and IM, (provided you use one of the preinstalled IM clients) IS INCLUDED. You DO NOT need a separate data plan in order to send/receive picture/video messages...as it is included. 

Hope this helps. 🙂

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you, i will go ahead and get the unlimited messaging plan now 🙂

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

12 years ago

You're very welcome. 🙂

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Gdubss31 wrote:

as a added bonus to the unlimited family testing plan if you have the qualifying voice plan you also get unlimited mobile to any mobile vocie calls, thing the minimum bill on the voice family plan is 69.95 to qualify

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

12 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@Gdubss31 wrote:

as a added bonus to the unlimited family testing plan if you have the qualifying voice plan you also get unlimited mobile to any mobile vocie calls, thing the minimum bill on the voice family plan is 69.95 to qualify

True..thanks for adding that, wingrider01.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

11 years ago

It seems that AT&T has chosen to restrict the unlimited data plans. If you have an unlimited plan. you will receive a text when close to 3G per billing cycle. AT&T clearly states that 3G is within the top 5% of data users and the reason for limiting all data and text thereafter. However, comprehensive analysis through third parties show that AT&T previously and currently sell 3G and 5G data plans with no limitations. A survey of more than 55,000 AT&T customers data usage showed significantly larger percentage of users (over 40% use 4G per month )

AT&T has sold me a contract, which I am locked I to for TWO years, on a device that is ONLY for AT&T systems, and now after 7 years of being an AT&T good customer, wants to FORCE me into changing data plans. According to the plans available, unlimited. 5G, or 3G which of these should I pay more for each month. Above the cost of my UNLIMITED DATA AND TEXT?

Since AT&T only allows arbitration and [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]., I have filed charges with the FTC., who is not bound by arbitration and can file in court on my behalf. I will also keep this forum up to date on my meetings with local Congressmen and two local Senators before the end of the month.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

@Unsatisfiedcomsumer-14 wrote:

It seems that AT&T has chosen to restrict the unlimited data plans. If you have an unlimited plan. you will receive a text when close to 3G per billing cycle. AT&T clearly states that 3G is within the top 5% of data users and the reason for limiting all data and text thereafter. However, comprehensive analysis through third parties show that AT&T previously and currently sell 3G and 5G data plans with no limitations. A survey of more than 55,000 AT&T customers data usage showed significantly larger percentage of users (over 40% use 4G per month )

AT&T has sold me a contract, which I am locked I to for TWO years, on a device that is ONLY for AT&T systems, and now after 7 years of being an AT&T good customer, wants to FORCE me into changing data plans. According to the plans available, unlimited. 5G, or 3G which of these should I pay more for each month. Above the cost of my UNLIMITED DATA AND TEXT?

Since AT&T only allows arbitration and [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]., I have filed charges with the FTC., who is not bound by arbitration and can file in court on my behalf. I will also keep this forum up to date on my meetings with local Congressmen and two local Senators before the end of the month.

Why did you post about your Unlimited DATA here??? This thread is about Unlimited MESSAGING.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.