For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Honey09861's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, November 22nd, 2014 10:45 PM

Unlimited Data speed slows after 3gb

I have unlimited data. So, why do you slow my speed down after 3gb? It sure is a good way to get loyal customers to jump ship.

[Inappropriate Subject Line changed]

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

Maybe you on a 3g plan and did not know it?

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

AT&T has been throttling the grandfathered unlimited data plans for 3-4 years now.  Complaining now won't do much good, since they have been doing this for so many years.  They throttle 3G plans after 3GB of data use, and they throttle LTE plans after 5GB of use.  To be quite honest, the newer Mobile Share plans aren't that much more expensive and give you so many more features that you don't currently have that you might want to consider updating to a current plan.

Right now you can get a 15GB Mobile Share plan for 1 off-contract smartphone for jsut about $125/month, and that includes everything (15GB unthrottled data, unlimited talk, unlimited SMS, and the mobile hotspot service included).  Your plan would cost you a minimum of $50 (for 550 minutes talk, $30 for data, and $20 for unlimited SMS plus taxes, so you would be paying about $100-110, and as you see, you only get 3GB data before you get throttled, you only get 550 minutes talk time per month, and you don't get to use the mobile hotspot feature of your phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Totally obvious that GeekBoy works for ATT.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

I guarantee Geekboy does not work for ATT. If he did, there would be a tag line identifying him as an employee.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:
I guarantee Geekboy does not work for ATT. If he did, there would be a tag line identifying him as an employee.

Not to mention that they would give me a paycheck (which I have never received).  Sometimes I feel like I work for them, but in fact, I've only been a customer for about 15-20 years (maybe longer I forget when I first subscribed to service with them).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.