Need your talk or text logs?
TFM70's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, April 27th, 2013 8:10 PM

Texting and picture/video

I have my first smartphone ordered, an Iphone5.  I did not select a texting plan as I probably will never text.  My questions are.

1.  If someone sends me a text, I will have to pay .20 cents. Can texting be turned off?

2. Same question for picture/video, except it will be .30 cents.

3. Can pictures be sent via my gmail ?  Or received?

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I am still using a GO Phone and know nothing.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

@TFM70 wrote:

I have my first smartphone ordered, an Iphone5.  I did not select a texting plan as I probably will never text.  My questions are.

1.  If someone sends me a text, I will have to pay .20 cents. Can texting be turned off?

No question is stupid. 🙂 Will you be using your iPhone on a prepaid plan, not that it makes any difference.

I'm sorry that I don't know the answer to your questions about blocking texting or being charged if you receive one, but I'm sure someone else will have an answer to that for you.

Pictures can be sent and received through your gmail...that would use your data plan. Your friends would have to send them to your gmail address. I just tested it ..sent myself a pic. 🙂

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@TFM70 wrote:

1 - yes you will be charged

2. - again yes you will be charged

3 - see Dcookies' answer

You can request a text block on a cell phone, no one wil be able to text you at all with the exception of carrier sent texts that are free anyway

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.