01-12-2013 03:38:05 PM
"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!
Stimpy: So what'll happen?
Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"
01-12-2013 09:44:51 PM
AT&T doesn't offer customers with reasonable options NOT being charged for these $2 charges:
1. your bills don't mark for what transactions data was used.
2. when I call AT&T customer services, your representatives don't know and couldn't tell customers for what transactions data was used.
3. when customer request to stop using data, since we don't intend to use our phones to access data, AT&T told us, these can't be done.
4. nobody from AT&T can tell me, why I was charged data, even I did everything I can, don't intend to use data, and didn't use data
5. can AT&T prove to me, that I did use data? If you can, why don't you tell me when and where I used data, so that I can STOP using data?
6. this is inconvenience to customers at least, and might be your system errors, charging customer ...
7. I see many post on your community about these type of confusions
either you tell me for what transaction I used data, or, I have to assume that you charged me by error, just try to earn these $2 charges from lots of customers.
Over months, you have charged about 10 times of $2 on me, I can't figure out why, and you wouldn't tell me why ...
01-13-2013 05:07:17 AM
01-13-2013 05:16:31 AM - edited 01-13-2013 05:18:16 AM
Personally, I don't agree with the $2.00 accidental data usage charge either. Any customer that "accidentally" hits the button that connects you to the internet, even if it's just for a second or two will get charged the $2.00 fee. It used to be that if you'd hit that Web button, they'd charge by the penny..but not anymore.
To avoid any future $2.00 charges, you can always contact Customer Care at 1-800-331-0500 and have data blocked on your phone but thiswould also prevent you from sending/receiving picture messages.
You can also click the link to send ATTCustomerCare a Private Message during their normal business hours, usually from 7am-10pm CST. They're here to help.
Hangin' with my Peeps!!
01-27-2013 01:19:44 PM
It's not all accidental data either. Customers including me are just not pressing the internet button period! Experiments have been done with the phone being off for the month. IT'S A SCAM!