Posted Jul 18, 2012
11:26:02 AM
View profile
Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 25, 2012 10:27:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
all android phones have the hotspot feature built in, you do not need the elevate.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
184 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(184)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2012 10:42:26 AM
(0)
Tutor

Wait, wait..... whaaaat? $40 for 1GB of data? $90 for 6GB? Have you gone completely and irreversibly mad? My wife currently pays $25 for 2GB of data and now you are asking for $40 for 1GB of shared data? Mad is not the correct word, you are common thugs! No where in the developed world is such a basic service so ridiculously inflated. AT&T would not survive a day in Europe with these prices. Internet access prices go down with time, not up!

Regulators and consumer protection agencies should utterly and completely dismantle this abusive telecom oligopoly that we live in, and in doing so, invite a frenzy of competition against this nonsense. 

Rgrds.

P.d. The same goes to home internet access but that's a story for different day. 

Mobile share is an outrage

121 of 185 (9,633 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2012 11:54:54 AM
(0)
Expert

howard500 wrote:

Wait, wait..... whaaaat? $40 for 1GB of data? $90 for 6GB? Have you gone completely and irreversibly mad? My wife currently pays $25 for 2GB of data and now you are asking for $40 for 1GB of shared data? Mad is not the correct word, you are common thugs! No where in the developed world is such a basic service so ridiculously inflated. AT&T would not survive a day in Europe with these prices. Internet access prices go down with time, not up!

Regulators and consumer protection agencies should utterly and completely dismantle this abusive telecom oligopoly that we live in, and in doing so, invite a frenzy of competition against this nonsense. 

Rgrds.

P.d. The same goes to home internet access but that's a story for different day. 

drop the cost of voice and texting, both unlimited and included in the base cost of the plan - aka the 1GB for 40.00, you add the two together and you are paying less. At least they are cheaper then verizon and not forcing you into the plan, it is optional for att

shared.PNG

Re: Mobile share is an outrage

122 of 185 (9,609 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2012 1:41:49 PM
(0)
Mentor

howard500 wrote:

Rgrds.

They are not forcing this change to your current plan.  Technically it is not costing you a dime more since you get to keep your current plan.  After you contract is up go elsewhere if you dont like the prices.  Not sure why its such a big deal?

123 of 185 (9,343 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2012 3:23:59 PM
(0)
Voyager

Just joined the group community and have a question, sorry if it's already been asked.  I just joined AT&T a few months ago, and my current bill with 2 OneX's runs $222 and change. I have 1400 minute plan with an additional phone along with the $30 unlimited m2m and text, and the 3gb data with each phone.  If I were to chose the 6gb mobile share plan, I should be saving around $40 per month by my calculations.  Anyone else with this plan confirm this? 

124 of 185 (9,325 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2012 7:07:29 PM
(0)
Explorer

I have been following this thread since about page two, and I know there's quite a few questions that have been answered about the FAN Discount, but as of today, I have gotten two different answers, and I don't like being misled, so let's try to get this right.  Because if I change, and I know there's no returning, I don't want some sorry apologize.  I have worked for AT&T previously, and I know how it goes when a Rep makes an error.  So here goes.  I have been told FAN Discount applies to one Smartphone, in my case the 1GB Plan @ $45, and a different Rep told be the FAN Discount applies to both Smartphones that I will have on my plan @ $90.  For example, 18% x $45 vs. 18% x $90.  Which is it?

Re: Mobile Share Questions

125 of 185 (9,296 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 3:38:14 AM
(0)
Expert

mjmbluford wrote:

I have been following this thread since about page two, and I know there's quite a few questions that have been answered about the FAN Discount, but as of today, I have gotten two different answers, and I don't like being misled, so let's try to get this right.  Because if I change, and I know there's no returning, I don't want some sorry apologize.  I have worked for AT&T previously, and I know how it goes when a Rep makes an error.  So here goes.  I have been told FAN Discount applies to one Smartphone, in my case the 1GB Plan @ $45, and a different Rep told be the FAN Discount applies to both Smartphones that I will have on my plan @ $90.  For example, 18% x $45 vs. 18% x $90.  Which is it?

the response here

http://forums.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Mobile-Share-Questions/m-p/3257527#M59032

from  states that it will ONLY be applied to the base shared data, not to any of the devices. Would take jamileh's answer as the correct one personally

126 of 185 (9,248 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 4:21:15 AM
(0)
Explorer
Edited by mjmbluford on Aug 23, 2012 at 4:56:02 AM

I understand NOT the devices themselves. So you're saying the base price of one device, in my case?  Even rereading Jamileh's explanation, it seems as though the FAN discount will apply to the overall price of the data plan, in my case $90.  This is what I meant when I stated I got two different answers from AT&T Reps.  I will be having two Smartphones, so from my understanding, I will be getting a discount on the $90 under the 1GB Data Plan as I have two Smartphones I want on the Mobile Share Plan.

[ Edited ]
127 of 185 (9,235 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 5:56:03 AM
(0)
Teacher

So if i go the 1 GB route on mobile share the NAN discount applies to the $40 + $45?

no discount for my iPad $10 charge?

Is this correct?

Also why does Department of the Navu only get a 15% discount when all these others talk of 24% discouns? Even ATT gets 18%.

128 of 185 (9,200 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 6:40:37 AM
(0)
Mentor

ANy one checked yet that have FAN discounts how will these discounts be applied to the new shared data plans ?

thanks

Fan discount applied to new shared data plans

129 of 185 (9,186 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 7:29:04 AM
(0)
Expert

gt1948 wrote:

So if i go the 1 GB route on mobile share the NAN discount applies to the $40 + $45?

no discount for my iPad $10 charge?

Is this correct?

Also why does Department of the Navu only get a 15% discount when all these others talk of 24% discouns? Even ATT gets 18%.

you are correct, the device does not get the discount

As far as percentages that is negotiated between the organization providing the discount and att, it can vary tremendously depending on the contract they agreed to.

130 of 185 (9,165 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 7:31:01 AM
(0)
Expert

trido wrote:

ANy one checked yet that have FAN discounts how will these discounts be applied to the new shared data plans ?

thanks

it was answered over in this thread

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Mobile-Share-Questions/td-p/32560...

by  Only the base data plan gets the discount, the devices do not

Re: Fan discount applied to new shared data plans

131 of 185 (9,165 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 7:40:44 AM
(0)
Mentor
Question i am confused on some post example I have family voice plan that has 3 smartphones plus one web txt phone(I pay 10 a month UNLIMITED data for this phone)
May I have the three smatphones on the new shared data plan BUT leave the NON smartphone on the 10 a month data plan? If yes What would I pay for the line 30 they wont allow the current 10 for line plus 10 for unlimited data? I like not to add the non smart phone to shared data plan.
Boy I hope I didnt confuse all that

thanks

132 of 185 (9,156 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 7:48:20 AM
(0)
Expert

trido wrote:
Question i am confused on some post example I have family voice plan that has 3 smartphones plus one web txt phone(I pay 10 a month UNLIMITED data for this phone)
May I have the three smatphones on the new shared data plan BUT leave the NON smartphone on the 10 a month data plan? If yes What would I pay for the line 30 they wont allow the current 10 for line plus 10 for unlimited data? I like not to add the non smart phone to shared data plan.
Boy I hope I didnt confuse all that

thanks

look on page 1 of this thread around message number 18 to see if that answers your question

133 of 185 (9,146 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 10:26:05 AM
(0)
Teacher

Ok so per my company's contract with AT&T, the rep read this back to me: "The FAN is only on the primary line." Does this mean that $90 (6GB) + $35 (Smartphone) would both get the discount since they are on the primary line?

See, this would be confusing if these were laid out in advance. I've heard three different explanations. When I got to ordrer online no discounts are shown.

Re: Fan discount applied to new shared data plans

134 of 185 (9,044 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 10:32:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
The FAN discount that is only on the primary line for the old plans. on the share data plan, only the base data plan gets the discount, in your case, only the $90, according jamileh.

135 of 185 (9,037 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 11:13:47 AM
(0)
Explorer
Edited by Phil-101 on Aug 23, 2012 at 11:21:40 AM

I'm beyond FRUSTATED now.  I was just told by yet another Rep. that my FAN discount will NOT apply if I switch to the 1GB Mobile Share Plan.  This is really pathetic that there are so many different answers over the course of 24 hours.  And all this is coming from AT&T Reps.  I would think that my 18% would apply to the $90 portion which would be the price of my Data Plan if I were to switch to Mobile Share @ 1GB.  I just don't know anymore, and don't give  a ****

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
136 of 185 (9,012 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 12:00:03 PM
(0)
Teacher

I just received a new answer: Only applies to the line itself ($35). LOL. This is laughable. I want a written statement. lol.

137 of 185 (8,970 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 1:54:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
lol, anyone calling in should ask them what mycsp says about it. that's their knowledge database. either they aren't looking in there, or its actually not in there.

138 of 185 (8,897 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 1:59:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by 21stNow on Aug 23, 2012 at 2:00:13 PM

mjmbluford wrote:

I'm beyond FRUSTATED now.  I was just told by yet another Rep. that my FAN discount will NOT apply if I switch to the 1GB Mobile Share Plan.  This is really pathetic that there are so many different answers over the course of 24 hours.  And all this is coming from AT&T Reps.  I would think that my 18% would apply to the $90 portion which would be the price of my Data Plan if I were to switch to Mobile Share @ 1GB.  I just don't know anymore, and don't give  a ****

The FAN discount would only apply to the data portion of the Mobile Share Plan, which is the $40 charge for 1GB of data.  I'm not sure where you are getting the $90 from.

[ Edited ]
139 of 185 (8,889 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 2:13:25 PM
(0)
Expert

dom9360 wrote:

I just received a new answer: Only applies to the line itself ($35). LOL. This is laughable. I want a written statement. lol.

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Mobile-Share-Questions/td-p/3256....

by Only the base data plan gets the discount, the devices do not

post 18 is her response and she is att

140 of 185 (8,876 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 23, 2012 2:22:19 PM
(0)
Mentor

mjmbluford wrote:

I just spoke to customer service and was told that the discounts will only apply to the data plan itself on the new Mobile Share plans. For example, if you have two smart phones and one flip phone on the 1GB plan the $40 data feature gets a discount while the two $45 smartphone and $30 basic phone prices do NOT get a discount. So, no matter how many phones you have if you subscribe to the 1GB Mobile Share plan you only get a discount on the $40 data feature. Same thing applies to all of the Mobile Share plans. If you subscribe to the 6GB Mobile Share plan with 1 smartphone and 1 basic phone you only get the company discount on the $90 data feature. On the 6GB plan the $35 smartphone and $30 basic phone charges will not be eligible for a FAN discount.

141 of 185 (8,875 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 3:19:20 PM
(0)
Explorer

Where am I getting my info from.  None other than AT&T Reps. that have gravely misled me.  Today, I had to go to a Retail Store for a Rep. to tell me my FAN discount of 18% would apply to the $40 for the 1GB plan which makes more sense.  I was not done with my questioning there, and had to approach another in-store Rep. and this guy had NO clue about FAN.  This is really sad as there were several customers with the same question.

But I'm still at a point of confusion.  The last Rep. @ 611, prior to me going in to the Retail Store told me my FAN would not apply if I changed to Mobile Share.  What's up with that.  I definitely have to find out.

AT&T, why have YOU not prepared your employees prior to the release of this Mobile Share.

I worked for AT&T ten years ago, and there was NEVER a question I couldn't answer for a customer or solve their problem.

142 of 185 (8,837 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 6:30:37 PM
(0)
Tutor
I called tonight & got the same response -- that the FAN would not apply to the Mobile Share plans AT ALL. Guess I'll wait a few more days to see what happens.

143 of 185 (8,735 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 6:54:22 PM
(0)
Teacher
I am a AT&T customer and tried to set up a new mobile share plan tonight to see if my FAN discount applied. It definitely did - it showed the regular price
for the shared data plan and then it shows my discounted price next to it. So the FAN discount does apply to the shared data portion of your mobile share plan.

144 of 185 (8,717 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 8:37:43 PM
(0)
Scholar

Is it just me or is the Mobile Share Planner calculating incorrectly?

http://www.att.com/att/planner/

145 of 185 (8,657 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2012 3:21:25 AM
(0)
Expert

LatinKreationz wrote:

Is it just me or is the Mobile Share Planner calculating incorrectly?

http://www.att.com/att/planner/

just exactly what do you think is wrong with it, it appears to work as it should - be a little more specific in the error that you are seeing

146 of 185 (8,573 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2012 5:04:09 AM
(0)
Explorer

I would like to know did you change your plan yourself online, and if so, how were you able to see your FAN discount prior to your next monthly bill?  The following statement is on AT&T's site.

"Employee, student, and military wireless service discounts will be applied to
your AT&T Mobile Share plan and reflected on your next monthly bill."

147 of 185 (8,548 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2012 5:34:48 AM
(0)
Tutor
I went online & selected that I wanted to change my rate plan. the regular plans showed up & had my discount calculated. At the bottom I selected that I wanted a mobile share plan. When it took me to that page, the plans did NOT have the discount listed so it may be that my company's discount will not apply to the new plans :-(.

148 of 185 (8,534 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2012 5:43:46 AM
(0)
Explorer

Thanks for the quick response.

A Rep @ 611 told me my FAN would not apply in my case.  I did NOT see any reduction when I plugged in my chose regarding the Mobile Share plan either, so my discount may not carry over if I change.  As of now my FAN discount applies to my Rate Plan only, so I will be getting screwed.

149 of 185 (8,532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2012 5:53:28 AM
(0)
Tutor

On our family plan, each member could call *3282# and get an update on the amount of minutes / data that was used...

Is this possible under the shared plan? ( so far it sends the group totals back ..ie. we have used 1mb out of 6000mb )

Is there a away that each member can monitor their usage w/out going to a desktop and logging into att.com?

with 2 teenagers I need to make sure that one does not overuse their allocation of bytes

150 of 185 (8,526 Views)