Need your talk or text logs?
21stNow's profile

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 6:26 PM

Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

12 years ago

Does anyone have an update as to how the FAN discounts will be applied?  Thank you!!

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

As soon as I have info on the FAN discounts, I'll post it here!

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

I have done my spreadsheet under five different scenarios.  Since we don't know how FAN discounts will apply yet, I just used the base price.  With the best comparison and most realistic situation under Mobile Share, I could come out $5 cheaper before discounts.  However since I can live without text messaging, I come out $10 cheaper under the current 700 minute plan.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I found this on the ATT.com website. It's titled "6.14 AT&T Mobile Share Plans (with Unlimited Talk and Text)"

Discounts otherwise applicable to your Mobile Share rate plan do not apply to the additional monthly Device charge. Additional deposits and other restrictions may apply

These are the last two sentences of the first paragraph. I could be wrong but after reading this my understanding is that the discounts will only apply to the Unlimited Text and Talk portion. So if I have two phones and I want to do the 1GB (40+45+45) then I would only get a discount on the $40 😞

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I have a few questions of my own.

1) I notice the terms state "3G, HSPA+, & LTE capable devices" I just want to make sure my 4G phone is included since technically it's capable of at least 3G

2) Are there activation or change-or-service fees if I change to the Mobile Share plan using my two existing wireless phones?

3) If I move to the Mobile Share plan will it extend my contract or will it be unaffected?

Final question, I'm sorry.

4) I was once told that reducing the bill makes me wait longer to upgrade my phone. If I were to move to the Mobile Share plan and it happened to reduce my bill by a few dollars, would I be forced to wait longer for my free upgrade on my wireless phone?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

The FAN discount is for just the mobile share data plan + the main number only or total amount of the whole plan.

Mobile Share Data plan - 6GB - $90

each smart phone - $35 x4 = $140

-----------------------------------------------

Where is the FAN discount will be.

A.  $90 + $35 "only one main #"

B.  The total amount for the whole plan

Explorer

• 

32 Messages

12 years ago

Only the data plan? If one smartphone is required, I would think that one should be covered as well. It is kind of ironic to get a discount on wireless service and not have it apply to any phones. With the cell companies applying the negotiated discounts to less and less items, maybe the companies need to renegotiate for a bigger discount to make up the difference 😉

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

12 years ago

Does anyone have an exact release date yet?

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

12 years ago

@trido wrote:

Our fan gets us 24 percent off the data plan also.the data plan i think has to be the 20 dollars are more plan.I checked we get it on that but not on our two 15 dollar smaller data plan.But we do get atleast mine fan discount on data plans.

trido..thanks for the info. I contacted ATT CC today, spoke to Liz, and asked about the discount on my 2GB$25/mo data plan. She did say originally, that it is for the 5GB plan only but when she checked again she did say that I would get the 24% discount on my data plan that would save me $6/mo. She also made some adjustments back to when I bought my smartphone and credited me for those months, also. I'll keep my eye on my bill just to be sure. 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Dcookie wrote:

@trido wrote:

Our fan gets us 24 percent off the data plan also.the data plan i think has to be the 20 dollars are more plan.I checked we get it on that but not on our two 15 dollar smaller data plan.But we do get atleast mine fan discount on data plans.

trido..thanks for the info. I contacted ATT CC today, spoke to Liz, and asked about the discount on my 2GB$25/mo data plan. She did say originally, that it is for the 5GB plan only but when she checked again she did say that I would get the 24% discount on my data plan that would save me $6/mo. She also made some adjustments back to when I bought my smartphone and credited me for those months, also. I'll keep my eye on my bill just to be sure. 

Interesting, will have to ping my sales rep later and get things straighten out,  my employees have been told they do not get fan on anything but the 5gb plan now and my contract specificly states all data plans. Thanks for the info

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.