Need your talk or text logs?
21stNow's profile

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 6:26 PM

Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

12 years ago

Well, all I can say is that I may be cheating myself! I'm not sure if all FAN discounts are created equal but thanks for that info. I do know that our FAN right now only has a 24% discount on our minute plan. I need to check into it.

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

12 years ago

i would for sure  check with a att rep we also have  the 24 percent, one time in the store it came up lady told me now you also get 24 percent off I am fairly sure only 20 dollar and higher data plans.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks, I do know that we're basically on our own to check into these things since ATT doesn't usually give anything out of the goodness of their heart. I also didn't have a smartphone at the time. Right now I have an old 2GB/$25/mo data plan along with two Unlimited $10 data plans for two messaging phones on our plan.

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

12 years ago

yes thast same older 2 gig plan on wifes iphone 25 a month her fan gets 24 percent off we also havea 10 data plan no fan on it.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks! I will certainly look into it. 🙂

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

I'm still doing the math and considering my options.  I want to consolidate all of my lines to AT&T (I think!).  The Mobile Share plan has many variables that I can tweak to see if I can get a lower bill.  So far, I can only come down close to the same as what I would pay with a 700-minute family plan.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

OK.  I don't understand the "group" concept.  This is the FAQ that confused me:

What devices are eligible for Mobile Share?

Our Mobile Share plans require at least one smartphone per group and all devices must be on the same account. You can share unlimited talk, text and your choice of data with up to nine additional devices per group: smartphones, basic/quick messaging phones, tablets, gaming devices, USB modems, netbooks, laptops or mobile hotspots. You can have more than one Mobile Share group per account.

So is this saying that I could have one account and have 2 devices in one group, three devices in another group, but not have an individual line anywhere in this mix? 

I really don't get the advantage, or purpose even, of groups at all.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@21stNow wrote:

OK.  I don't understand the "group" concept.  This is the FAQ that confused me:

What devices are eligible for Mobile Share?

Our Mobile Share plans require at least one smartphone per group and all devices must be on the same account. You can share unlimited talk, text and your choice of data with up to nine additional devices per group: smartphones, basic/quick messaging phones, tablets, gaming devices, USB modems, netbooks, laptops or mobile hotspots. You can have more than one Mobile Share group per account.

So is this saying that I could have one account and have 2 devices in one group, three devices in another group, but not have an individual line anywhere in this mix? 

I really don't get the advantage, or purpose even, of groups at all.

think of it as a extended family plan, you can have up to 9 devices sharing the same data allocation. 

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

That scenario seems like one Mobile Share plan.  The FAQ-Answer says that there can be more than one Mobile Share group per account.  If there can be more than one group, why can't there be one group and one individual?

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question.

You can have an individual line in the mix if you choose. What you can't have is mobile sharing with unlimited data. 

For example - if you have 5 people on your account including someone who uses A LOT of data; you might not want that person to be in your data pool. Four of you share 10GB of data and the fifth guy has his own data plan. It's like the guy in your group of friends who you make get his own order of fries because he always eats all of yours. 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.