For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
QuintonCNelson's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, February 13th, 2013 5:41 AM

Internet Sharing

I just got a Nokia Lumia 920, and was very excited by the internet sharing ability I was supposed to have, but I can't unless I get the tethering plans which are double the price, and this would be a nice feature, but I have very fast internet, and only really need it when I'm out and about or camping. I would like to know why I can't use it with my 2gb plan, is there some reason? Or is it just a more money kind of thing?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

It's in your Wireless Service Agreement...

6.11   AT&T DataPlusSM/AT&T DataProSM Plans

6.11.1   AT&T Data Plans With Tethering

Tethering is a wireless or wired method in which your AT&T mobile device is used as a modem or router to provide a Internet Access connection to other devices, such as laptops, netbooks, tablets, smartphones, other phones, USB modems, network routers, mobile hotspots, media players, gaming consoles, and other data-capable devices. AT&T data plans with tethering enabled may be used for tethering your AT&T Mobile device to other devices. If you are on a data plan that does not include a monthly megabyte allowance and additional data usage rates, you agree that AT&T has the right to impose additional charges if you use more than 5 GB in a month; prior to the imposition of any additional charges, AT&T shall provide you with notice and you shall have the right to terminate your Service (early termination charges may apply).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.