Need your talk or text logs?
jayboogie97's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, January 25th, 2015 2:48 PM

How much of data is used if use my mobile hotspot?

I discovered yesterday that I have a mobile tethering feature on my phone. I read that since I am on a Mobile Share Plan I can use it. My question how do I know if it is using my data up? Can the hotspot use make me pay overage charges?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @jayboogie97 Thank you for your question!

As suggested above, it all depends on what devices are connected to your phone's mobile hotspot and how they're used, but this page might help you get a better idea of how much data different internet activities use:

AT&T Data Calculator

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

Sure it could. It all depends on what device or devices are connected to your hotspot and what data they are consuming. I use hotspot to connect an iPad and I regularly stream video via HBOGo or Slingbox. My monthly use of data on my phone when I don't use hotspot is 1GB or less. When I do use hotspot, I've gotten as high as 5GB.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

The data used will register on your phone and your account.
You can add a data limit or warning to your phone and your account for each device on your account.

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

9 years ago

That’s a neat little tool.
Thanks Dmitriy!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I connected the Mobile Hotspot to my TV and watch Netflix how much data would be used from my Moblie Hotspot if I watched about 3 hours on Netflix on my Mobile Hotspot?

-Breanna 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.