Posted May 4, 2014
How do you disable a basic browser?

I have a basic flip-phone, and I would like to make it kid-safe by completely disabling the browser (internet access. ALL of it). How would I do this?

How do you disable a basic browser?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 7, 2014
(0)

It might not be possible from the phone, but you can call AT&T and get a data block for that line, it's free and blocks all data.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Community Manager

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: How do you disable a basic browser?

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 7, 2014
(0)

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

I might not be possible from the phone, but you can call AT&T and sot a data block on that line, it's free and block all data.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

One addition, if you do use this method MMS message will not work because to send a MMS message data service is required

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How do you disable a basic browser?