Posted Sep 14, 2011
10:07:37 PM
Can't send or receive MMS messages

My family recently switched to ATT&T and we got the 700 min. W/ unlimited messaging + unlimited calling to any mobiles. Whenever I try to open a picture message I get an error message that says "Retrieving failed Define network settings" and whenever I try sending a picture message, it would say "Set connection for sending MMS". I'm not sure whether it's the fact I didn't buy the internet plan or something is blocked. Can someone please help me? My cell phone is a Samsung Wave 533, which isn't provided by ATT&T.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Sep 15, 2011 3:38:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by Dcookie on Sep 15, 2011 at 3:45:13 AM

You are going to need the settings for Media Net in order to use the internet, I assume, since your phone is not from ATT. I would try contacting CC at 1-800-331-0500. 

It also seems that it IS a Smartphone which will require either a $15 or $25 data plan, IF you are able get the correct MMS settings for your phone.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Can't send or receive MMS messages

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Sep 15, 2011 3:38:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by Dcookie on Sep 15, 2011 at 3:45:13 AM

You are going to need the settings for Media Net in order to use the internet, I assume, since your phone is not from ATT. I would try contacting CC at 1-800-331-0500. 

It also seems that it IS a Smartphone which will require either a $15 or $25 data plan, IF you are able get the correct MMS settings for your phone.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can't send or receive MMS messages

[ Edited ]
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 21, 2011 1:09:37 AM
(0)
Guru

Dcookie wrote:

Correct! it needs to be updated to their system, the phone you are using and the settings or features of your phone

Re: Can't send or receive MMS messages