Need your talk or text logs?
Dcookie's profile

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

Tuesday, October 5th, 2010 3:05 PM

Can receive texts but cannot send...WHY??

Posting this for a friend. She has a Sony Ericcson Z750, I believe. As of today, she can receive texts but cannot send any. She cleared out her inbox and outbox and has power cycled her phone. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

TIA!!

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Accepted Solution

Guru

• 

604 Messages

13 years ago

@Dcookie wrote:
No she has not changed sim cards at all. It just stopped all of a sudden. She can receive but that's all.

Hmm, strange. Have her call AT&T and have them do an OTA update and then power cycle. Have her call from a different phone so that the tech can assure it is working.

Guru

• 

604 Messages

13 years ago

Did she take her sim card from one phone and put it into the other without calling AT&T and updating the IMEI? I ask because the text issue that you mention is the most common problem with just doing a sim swap without letting us change the IMEI.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

13 years ago

No she has not changed sim cards at all. It just stopped all of a sudden. She can receive but that's all.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

13 years ago

Ok, will do. I'll post back as to how she makes out but it may not be til tomorrow. Thanks! 🙂

Guru

• 

604 Messages

13 years ago

@Dcookie wrote:
Ok, will do. I'll post back as to how she makes out but it may not be til tomorrow. Thanks! 🙂

Sounds good. Im curious as to what is causing it.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

13 years ago

Mightyjeeper, just wanted to let you know that my friend's phone problem has been resolved. I called for her, told Paul at tech support what you suggested about the OTA , and it worked. He refreshed whatever he needed to refresh and all is good and back to normal now. Thank you so much! 🙂

Guru

• 

604 Messages

13 years ago

@Dcookie wrote:
Mightyjeeper, just wanted to let you know that my friend's phone problem has been resolved. I called for her, told Paul at tech support what you suggested about the OTA , and it worked. He refreshed whatever he needed to refresh and all is good and back to normal now. Thank you so much! 🙂

Your welcome. Glad I could help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I can send and receive texts to everyone but can’t reply to a text from my wife

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.