Posted Oct 5, 2010
8:05:52 AM
Can receive texts but cannot send...WHY??

Posting this for a friend. She has a Sony Ericcson Z750, I believe. As of today, she can receive texts but cannot send any. She cleared out her inbox and outbox and has power cycled her phone. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

TIA!!

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Oct 5, 2010 11:54:16 AM
(0)
Guru

Dcookie wrote:
No she has not changed sim cards at all. It just stopped all of a sudden. She can receive but that's all.

Hmm, strange. Have her call AT&T and have them do an OTA update and then power cycle. Have her call from a different phone so that the tech can assure it is working.

Accepted Solution

Can receive texts but cannot send...WHY??

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 5, 2010 8:13:06 AM
(0)
Guru

Did she take her sim card from one phone and put it into the other without calling AT&T and updating the IMEI? I ask because the text issue that you mention is the most common problem with just doing a sim swap without letting us change the IMEI.

As an AT&T employee, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.

Re: Can receive texts but cannot send...WHY??

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 5, 2010 11:24:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
No she has not changed sim cards at all. It just stopped all of a sudden. She can receive but that's all.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Oct 5, 2010 11:54:16 AM
(0)
Guru

Dcookie wrote:

Hmm, strange. Have her call AT&T and have them do an OTA update and then power cycle. Have her call from a different phone so that the tech can assure it is working.

As an AT&T employee, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 5, 2010 12:10:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Ok, will do. I'll post back as to how she makes out but it may not be til tomorrow. Thanks! :smileyhappy:

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 5, 2010 12:24:24 PM
(0)
Guru

Dcookie wrote:
Ok, will do. I'll post back as to how she makes out but it may not be til tomorrow. Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Sounds good. Im curious as to what is causing it.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 6, 2010 12:44:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Mightyjeeper, just wanted to let you know that my friend's phone problem has been resolved. I called for her, told Paul at tech support what you suggested about the OTA , and it worked. He refreshed whatever he needed to refresh and all is good and back to normal now. Thank you so much! :smileyhappy:

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 7, 2010 8:40:31 AM
(0)
Guru

Dcookie wrote:
Mightyjeeper, just wanted to let you know that my friend's phone problem has been resolved. I called for her, told Paul at tech support what you suggested about the OTA , and it worked. He refreshed whatever he needed to refresh and all is good and back to normal now. Thank you so much! :smileyhappy:

Your welcome. Glad I could help.