For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
THill73's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, December 16th, 2014 9:22 PM

Activesync only works connected to ANY WIFI. No longer through ATT cellular

Starting last week, several users at my firm  (including myself) were no longer able to send or receive Exchange emails unless they were connected to a wifi connection.  Connecting to ATT would work for a few minutes then we receive "Cannot Send Mail".  Switching back to wifi would connect to EAS and the mail would flow.  Nothing has changed on the Exchange server and this happens to users of iPhones or Androids.  Users connected to other carriers are not experiencing the issue.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

9 years ago

Typically cell phones will connect to the best network available and to wifi whenever possible, so I don't see an problem.
Has the company wifi been improved perhaps?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

The wifi connections at work and at home have not been changed.  Since this issue occurs when wifi is turned off or not available, I am pointing towards a change with the ATT network.  Our Exchange 2003 server is in house.  I know it is old, but all EAS connectivity for ATT phones worked fine until 12-11-14.  Event log shows nothing new.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

A couple of other things.  If I turn airplane mode on then off, the email from the ActiveSync account will flow for about 20 minutes the drop.  Also, turning Cellular Data completely off while connected to any wifi (not just at work, but other locations around town), I never have this issue

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.