Need your talk or text logs?
pumpkinroll's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, December 28th, 2010 8:55 AM

AT&T Quicksilver won't connect on Windows 7 64bit

For the past week my Quicksilver won't connect. I've updated the firmware and I have the latest CM. I've tried reinstalling and still nothing. I've also tried it on two different computers (both Windows 7 64bit) and they post just flash gray and say Searching for Network. I've tried swtiching between 3G Only and 2G only in the setting and still nothing. I don't know what else to do. I also have a Verizon Aircard, but my 5GB limit is almost up, so I need to use AT&T. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Another update; 3G works now. My guess is there was an outage.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Update about my Quicksilver. I got it to connect to 2G, but still no luck with 3G. It'll just flash gray for hours when I try to connect. I use to be able to get 3-4 bars in 3G, so I know it's avaiable where I live.

Again, any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

Its good to hear that ACM detected the device and connected to 2G.  First of all what ACM version you are using. Why dont you set the device to Automatic network (2G/3G) selection and run the CM.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

I'm using version 7.2.61. In the past I've had it set to automatic network and it would disconnect me every 5-10 minutes. I just set it to that now, and I'll leave it like that for awhile. I'm still in 2g though. If it wasn't so slow, I wouldn't be complaining but ugh. I had dial up for years, and 2g is just as slow or slower then it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.