Posted Dec 18, 2013
5:38:00 AM
View profile
AT&T Messages Not working?

I recently lost my phone and the only way I have been able to keep in contact with anyone is through the AT&T Messages app on the web. Whenever I go to the website (messages.att.net) there seems to be an error and it won't allow me to log in. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

146 replies
(9) Me too
(9) Me too
Replies
(146)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2014 4:46:18 AM
(0)
Tutor

Glad to see that the site is up and running again. Honestly, I'm glad they took it down to fix it, because even when it worked, it was buggy for me. I just wish they would have been more communicative with us about what was going on. I mean, in retrospect, they DID tell us that the site was down for maintenance :smileyhappy:

For those who are now unable to login, that is because you will not be able to login using your phone number any longer. They want you to create a separate account for this service. It makes a little sense, if their big concern was unauthorized use and spamming.

Glad to see that the site is up and running again. Honestly, I'm glad they took it down to fix it, because even when it worked, it was buggy for me. I just wish they would have been more communicative with us about what was going on. I mean, in retrospect, they DID tell us that the site was down for maintenance :smileyhappy:

For those who are now unable to login, that is because you will not be able to login using your phone number any longer. They want you to create a separate account for this service. It makes a little sense, if their big concern was unauthorized use and spamming.

Re: AT&T Messages Not working?

121 of 147 (1,427 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2014 5:17:47 AM
(0)
Mentor

Still not working here.  I get redirected to https://messages.att.net/unauth/web_browser/?to=https%3A%2F%2Fmessages.att.net%2F but it's just blank.

Still not working here.  I get redirected to https://messages.att.net/unauth/web_browser/?to=https%3A%2F%2Fmessages.att.net%2F but it's just blank.

122 of 147 (1,423 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2014 6:20:41 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by dfwelch on Jan 24, 2014 at 6:21:05 AM

Jordan, that's the sign in page. I wonder why it's blank. Try resetting your Advanced Internet Settings. And maybe try a different browser if you have another. I use Chrome.

Jordan, that's the sign in page. I wonder why it's blank. Try resetting your Advanced Internet Settings. And maybe try a different browser if you have another. I use Chrome.

[ Edited ]
123 of 147 (1,401 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2014 6:28:10 AM
(0)
Contributor

But it seems most of the texts were gone I only have until last sunday

But it seems most of the texts were gone I only have until last sunday

124 of 147 (1,400 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2014 10:37:15 AM
(0)
Mentor

I like how we STILL don't have an update from Dimitry even after it's working. even thoughhe promised too.

I like how we STILL don't have an update from Dimitry even after it's working. even thoughhe promised too.

125 of 147 (1,356 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2014 1:56:45 PM
(0)
Mentor

I don't think our persistence helped rectify the issue any quicker nor did it increase AT&T's customer service.  I received a call yesterday on my support case and person I spoke to (who by the way was rather clueless on how to talk to customers) said he didn't know when it would be fixed but showed me an alternate way to send emails from att.net.  He then proceded to ask if he could close my case since he found a solution for me.  I rejected his request because the issue was not fixed.  He said "You know we are going to call you back again."  I was dumbfounded.  Close a case when it's not fixed.

Even better, got a text survey which I kindly responded to which prompted a call from Customer Care today.  She was very polite and said wireless does not know about the web portal and that web should have told wireless but their communication is lacking.  REALLY?????  Anyhow, I did thank her for her call and said the site is up and running.  My case is closed with AT&T with a minor adjustment to my bill for the trouble.  It would be nice if everyone at AT&T cared like this young lady did.

I will not hesitate to walk away from AT&T after all of this should it happen again.  AT&T, I understand things happen but COMMUNICATE. 

Hopefully somebody reads these forums and takes it to heart.  Maybe the shareholders would have something to say about this....anyhow, good luck all and hopefully the site stays up.

And before I sign off...this post is within the AT&T forum guidelines and does not defame AT&T anymore than the do to themselves /|\

I don't think our persistence helped rectify the issue any quicker nor did it increase AT&T's customer service.  I received a call yesterday on my support case and person I spoke to (who by the way was rather clueless on how to talk to customers) said he didn't know when it would be fixed but showed me an alternate way to send emails from att.net.  He then proceded to ask if he could close my case since he found a solution for me.  I rejected his request because the issue was not fixed.  He said "You know we are going to call you back again."  I was dumbfounded.  Close a case when it's not fixed.

Even better, got a text survey which I kindly responded to which prompted a call from Customer Care today.  She was very polite and said wireless does not know about the web portal and that web should have told wireless but their communication is lacking.  REALLY?????  Anyhow, I did thank her for her call and said the site is up and running.  My case is closed with AT&T with a minor adjustment to my bill for the trouble.  It would be nice if everyone at AT&T cared like this young lady did.

I will not hesitate to walk away from AT&T after all of this should it happen again.  AT&T, I understand things happen but COMMUNICATE. 

Hopefully somebody reads these forums and takes it to heart.  Maybe the shareholders would have something to say about this....anyhow, good luck all and hopefully the site stays up.

And before I sign off...this post is within the AT&T forum guidelines and does not defame AT&T anymore than the do to themselves /|\

126 of 147 (1,332 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 11:32:09 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by cesierra on Jan 27, 2014 at 11:33:28 AM

What finally fixed it for me was to create a new ATT ID and then link my wireless account wih it. All the old messages were still there.

What finally fixed it for me was to create a new ATT ID and then link my wireless account wih it. All the old messages were still there.

[ Edited ]
127 of 147 (1,165 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 7:45:15 AM
(0)
Teacher
Well it was up and now back down again. This really sucks!!!!!
Well it was up and now back down again. This really sucks!!!!!

128 of 147 (1,052 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 8:08:10 AM
(0)
Tutor
Been down for about an hour and a half ...no system down for maintenance message though...hopefully it's back up soon
Been down for about an hour and a half ...no system down for maintenance message though...hopefully it's back up soon

129 of 147 (1,042 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 8:43:33 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yeah, mine's not working now either. Stuck on the Loading your messages splash screen.

Yeah, mine's not working now either. Stuck on the Loading your messages splash screen.

130 of 147 (1,037 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 8:44:20 AM
(0)
Mentor

Comical. I to think I actually restored faith in this company.

Comical. I to think I actually restored faith in this company.

131 of 147 (1,036 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 8:52:09 AM
(0)
Tutor

Interesting. I use Chrome for AT&T Messages, so I tried opening it on Internet Explorer to see if I could at least get the logon page. This is what I got instead.

att.JPG

Interesting. I use Chrome for AT&T Messages, so I tried opening it on Internet Explorer to see if I could at least get the logon page. This is what I got instead.

att.JPG

132 of 147 (1,032 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 8:57:23 AM
(0)
Tutor
Mine just went back up..fingers crossed !
Mine just went back up..fingers crossed !

133 of 147 (1,025 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 8:59:17 AM
(0)
Tutor

Ditto

Ditto

134 of 147 (1,021 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 12:00:02 PM
(0)
Tutor
Down again..I think they're adding the calls and voicemail back in..who knows
Down again..I think they're adding the calls and voicemail back in..who knows

135 of 147 (998 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 5:04:43 AM
(0)
Tutor

I figured I would come back to this thread and post something that really made me smile this morning.

I was skimming CNN.com and came across a story about how they're cutting wireless prices. I read the story without much excitement because I figured I wouldn't see any savings, not being a new customer. The article seemed to be talking mostly about new customers getting credits and whatnot.

But then I zipped over to my account, and got the surprise of my life (OK, maybe just the year!) The family plan I switched to before Christmas was 10GB for $120 and $30 per phone for 6 phones ($300 per month plus taxes). But under their current pricing with the cuts, I'm paying $100 per month and only $15 PER PHONE!!

My bill was just cut $110!!!!!!!!!! It's almost too good to be true!

I figured I would come back to this thread and post something that really made me smile this morning.

I was skimming CNN.com and came across a story about how they're cutting wireless prices. I read the story without much excitement because I figured I wouldn't see any savings, not being a new customer. The article seemed to be talking mostly about new customers getting credits and whatnot.

But then I zipped over to my account, and got the surprise of my life (OK, maybe just the year!) The family plan I switched to before Christmas was 10GB for $120 and $30 per phone for 6 phones ($300 per month plus taxes). But under their current pricing with the cuts, I'm paying $100 per month and only $15 PER PHONE!!

My bill was just cut $110!!!!!!!!!! It's almost too good to be true!

136 of 147 (940 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 11:09:14 PM
(0)
Mentor

Guess what? Yup, you guessed it. It's down once again!

Guess what? Yup, you guessed it. It's down once again!

137 of 147 (799 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2014 10:37:24 PM
(0)
Mentor

The site is back down for maintenance again. A guess these guys don't actually know how to even keep a simple website up. Scary to think we trust them with our phone service.

Time for us all to start getting credits again!

The site is back down for maintenance again. A guess these guys don't actually know how to even keep a simple website up. Scary to think we trust them with our phone service.

Time for us all to start getting credits again!

138 of 147 (729 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 1:11:25 PM
(0)
Mentor

Down again.  Won't even bring up the page. 

Down again.  Won't even bring up the page. 

139 of 147 (671 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2014 10:32:34 PM
(0)
Mentor

From the posts over the last couple months, it seems like the service goes up and down, but hasn't been staying down for a long time. Well, it's been down for a while now. Let's see how long it lasts this time.

From the posts over the last couple months, it seems like the service goes up and down, but hasn't been staying down for a long time. Well, it's been down for a while now. Let's see how long it lasts this time.

140 of 147 (638 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2014 11:30:00 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by userinchi on Apr 14, 2014 at 11:32:35 AM

I've posted about this recently. I remember when the site was down, and when it came back up, I would have to enter my user ID and psswd more than once before it would accept it. Now I can't get in at all. I've spoken to 4 agents in various depts and no one can help. The last agent went in with my username and psswd and said she was able to see my messages. This is an extremely unreliable app/service and I'm seriously thinking of switching to another carrier. 

I've posted about this recently. I remember when the site was down, and when it came back up, I would have to enter my user ID and psswd more than once before it would accept it. Now I can't get in at all. I've spoken to 4 agents in various depts and no one can help. The last agent went in with my username and psswd and said she was able to see my messages. This is an extremely unreliable app/service and I'm seriously thinking of switching to another carrier. 

[ Edited ]
141 of 147 (516 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2014 11:29:21 PM
(0)
Contributor

Until now, since I began using ATT Messages at account inception (08/2013) I had experienced only one (albeit painful and protracted) service interruption which lasted like 30 days with no explanation whatsoever from ATT till, one day, it was back up.  Back then, the site login message was "down for maintenance".  This time, beginning about an hour ago, the login page brings up:

"WE'RE SORRY. We cannot process your request at this time.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  For more information, please Contact Us."

The "Contact Us" linked to online Chat which was busy, and offered another link "Call Us" which subjected me to the infuriating robotic voice prompt system which eventually indicated, you guessed it: "This office is currently closed.  Please call during business hours....."

Live customer service (for all ATT services including U-verse TV, Internet, Home Phone and Wireless) has all gone the way of Cricket, Boost, Metro, etc., in the proverbial "race to the bottom".  So its anyone's guess how long, or why, we must endure the current interruption.

Until now, since I began using ATT Messages at account inception (08/2013) I had experienced only one (albeit painful and protracted) service interruption which lasted like 30 days with no explanation whatsoever from ATT till, one day, it was back up.  Back then, the site login message was "down for maintenance".  This time, beginning about an hour ago, the login page brings up:

"WE'RE SORRY. We cannot process your request at this time.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  For more information, please Contact Us."

The "Contact Us" linked to online Chat which was busy, and offered another link "Call Us" which subjected me to the infuriating robotic voice prompt system which eventually indicated, you guessed it: "This office is currently closed.  Please call during business hours....."

Live customer service (for all ATT services including U-verse TV, Internet, Home Phone and Wireless) has all gone the way of Cricket, Boost, Metro, etc., in the proverbial "race to the bottom".  So its anyone's guess how long, or why, we must endure the current interruption.

142 of 147 (493 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 1:24:24 AM
(0)
Mentor

I don't think they even know why

I don't think they even know why

143 of 147 (482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 6:35:12 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello everyone, I just tried and logged in with no issues, please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, and make sure you have the latest version of Flash and Java just in case. You can also try a different browser if you're still having problems with the site. Here is what I get in Firefox:

m1.JPG

m2.JPG

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hello everyone, I just tried and logged in with no issues, please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, and make sure you have the latest version of Flash and Java just in case. You can also try a different browser if you're still having problems with the site. Here is what I get in Firefox:

m1.JPG

m2.JPG

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

144 of 147 (467 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2014 10:13:03 PM
(0)
Mentor

Now I can't log in and neither can my gf. It sends a pin code to our phones to log in with, but after putting in the correct pin nothing happens. I contacted support and they gave me some odd suggestions like restarting my PC and logging put of my AT&T account. Anyway, nothing work, the guy I spoke to said that the log in page is having issues and it should be up by tomorrow, which normally means next month.

Now I can't log in and neither can my gf. It sends a pin code to our phones to log in with, but after putting in the correct pin nothing happens. I contacted support and they gave me some odd suggestions like restarting my PC and logging put of my AT&T account. Anyway, nothing work, the guy I spoke to said that the log in page is having issues and it should be up by tomorrow, which normally means next month.

145 of 147 (219 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2014 3:33:36 PM
(0)
Mentor

stopped working again!!!!

stopped working again!!!!

146 of 147 (174 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2014 6:22:27 PM
(0)
Mentor

when it comes to this new identifcation pin code.  What happens to those of us that dont have access to our phones and we were using the website to send text messages.  E.G. me and a few others lost our phones and we have been using the online site to send messages.  What happens to us?  there is no way to bypass this code?

when it comes to this new identifcation pin code.  What happens to those of us that dont have access to our phones and we were using the website to send text messages.  E.G. me and a few others lost our phones and we have been using the online site to send messages.  What happens to us?  there is no way to bypass this code?

147 of 147 (120 Views)