hyunbum11128's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, October 21st, 2009 8:06 PM

connection problem with my macbook pro

hi i don't know why but whenever i am using my macbook on my wireless home network the connection dies and internet is unavailable for about a minute and comes back on and it does not happen with other computer which is not a macbook how do i fix this?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

after hours of frustration dealing with the helpdesks, I went out and bought a Cisco E1000 Wireless N Router. Installed it in 5 mins and Internet has worked perfectly ever since. 

I agree that we should not have to spend this extra money but I'm very happy to be able to be on the Internet continuously now with no issues. No more frustration for me :smileyhappy:

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

We are experiencing the SAME EXACT problem. I went to the Apple store Genius Bar and the guy told me he had the same problem when he was with AT&T. He suggested buying Apple's Airport Extreme would be the best solution. I was going to attempt to call AT&T Tech Support but after reading all 7 pages worth of the complaints and failed possible solutions, I'm thinking my best bet would have to be to just buy the Airport Extreme. 

It's upsetting that after countless complaints and reports, AT&T has not taken the time to fix this problem. It is obvious that people are quickly switching to MacBooks and a compatibility between both the 2WIRE and Apple products needs to be made. 

Switching internet providers has come to our attention in our family, but we just recently bought a new 2WIRE box. So, unfortunately we're stuck with it for another year or so.

Has anybody found a better solution? Before I go off and buy an Airport Extreme for the ONE MacBook in our household.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

14 years ago

Hey Penny, 

Congratulations.  You've learned how to copy and paste.  However, since the thread pertains to, and most people are using MacBook Pros, your recommendation of downloading the self support tool is inane and inaccurate.  

AT&T, in all of it's wisdom makes that tool ONLY FOR WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEMS. 

Unless of course, you meant to copy and paste the instructions on loading Windows onto a MacBook Pro. 

I've also been plagued with this issue, and everything was fine until my previous modem just gave up one day.  Five years, I'm not complaining.  As soon as they sent me the new 2701HG-B Gateway, I've had this problem.   And it sucks, and it's not EMI or bad wiring, because the new modem sits in the same freaking place as the old one.  It's not the wireless channel either, cause I've been through all of them. 

Tell you what, how about finding the SOLUTION to the intermittent connection problems and copy/paste THAT here? 

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

14 years ago

we all know how to copy and paste "instructions"

i just want to be able to use my macbook pro without disconnecting

plzz do something

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

14 years ago

1. Go to this link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001IYCUM8/ref=ox_ya_os_product
  2. Click on the 'Add to Cart' link 
  3. Buy it. 
Of course, you're going to have to have some wireless solution.  Perhaps you could use the 2Wire just for the wireless part of it, you'd have to investigate that on your own while the new modem ships.  Myself, I had an Airport Extreme from a friend, so I just plugged that into the ethernet port of the new modem. 
The Actiontec modem has kept me online without disconnect for 42 hours straight.  A good 15 hours of that I have spent online, using my macbook pro, working from home.  Not a single dropped connection.  NOT ONE.  Totally worth 43 bucks if you ask me.  
4. Put the 2wire gateway back in a box, and ship it back to AT&T, and demand a refund.  That's what I'm going to do. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

I thought I was Crazy but it is a legitimate problem and after three 2WIRE modems replaced I have the same problem any solutions out there Yet

Former Moderator

• 

4K Messages

14 years ago

Hi there j03l ,

Please accept my most sincere apology for encountering such terrible issue. May I know what specific problem you come across on your 2wire modem? It would have been very helpful if you indicated it so we can give you solutions to resolve the problem.

Should you have questions or need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT. Thank you for choosing AT&T Internet Services where we value your business.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

14 years ago

So what's the deal... is there a fix yet?????????

Former Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

14 years ago

Please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

Your issue would be best resolved if you work hand in hand with AT&T U-Verse tech support and troubleshoot according to their recommendations.

Hence, it is recommended that you contact AT&T U-Verse tech support at 1-800-288-2020 they work from Monday to Saturday between 8am-10pm CT, if require they will upgrade the firmware version of your 2 wire modem.

You may also contact AT&T U-Verse eChat support through the link mentioned below:

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

14 years ago

How about you stop copying and pasting the same answer, Penny.

My parents are visiting me here in Georgia, with the exact same problem, and the exact same symptoms.

How about expending your energy working with Apple instead of exhorting your customers to work with 1-800-288-2020. This is clearly a problem between the router -- and by the way, mine is also a 2Wire -- and the MacBook (Dad has a MacBook, not a MacBook Pro).

How about a copy and paste answer that says "Hi, we've now been told about this problem for 15 months, and are finally actually trying to do something about it with Apple instead of aggravating our customers."

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.