For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ghostriders's profile

Explorer

• 

23 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 10:18 PM

Netgear 7550 Software VER:06.04.24A upgrade?

My Netgear 7550 indicates the following on the manual update page....
Update 7550.JPG

Current Software Version: VER:06.04.20

[Available Software Version: VER:06.04.24A]

Last week I tried to upgrade manually (in hopes of better performance) and it downloaded and auto rebooted but the 7550 still showed the old software. Then last night the auto update kicked in and the modem/router log shows a reboot but it still has the 06.04.20 software listed.

Is this a real software upgrade/why won't my 7550 update? Anyone see the same thing?

1 Attachment

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, ghostriders!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the software update. We'd be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Same exact behavior on my 7550.

Multiple people are actively experiencing this issue. It would really help folks out to post the solution here, rather than have everyone call.

Explorer

• 

23 Messages

10 years ago

I got a response from ATT this afternoon (Sunday, Mother's Day) on my answering machine after following ATTMarianaCM's instructions. It was George from ATT and this is what he said in a nutshell.

1 VER:06.04.20 is currently sufficient for the 7550 operation

2 He is not aware of VER:06.04.24A and what it might do

3 He will get back or I can call him (didn't leave a number)

Sounds to me like the right hand of ATT doesn't know what the left is doing as far as software on the Netgear 7550.

All I know is that my 7550 looks for an upgrade every month that the Gateway has indicated is required on its internal web pages. I wonder what a reboot on a monthly basis really does?

Should I turn off my auto update feature?

I will post any more info that comes my way.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Manual Update
Current Software Version: VER:06.04.20
Available Software Version: VER:06.04.24A

Can this be downloaded as opposed to downloading from the remote server?

Explorer

• 

23 Messages

10 years ago

ATT George called me back on  5/12 and did not shed any light on the VER:06.04.24A upgrade. He had no knowledge of it and could not tell me why my 7550 would not upgrade. My 7550 is under warranty and he said I could pursue that but I have no complaints about connectivity and wifi (10 devices).

It seems there aren't any 7550s running the new software and that all the 7550s set to auto update are going through a handshake ( trading data ) with the ATT server uploading?/downloading VER:06.04.20 every month and  a reboot sequence. 

I think I'll turn my auto update off.

Explorer

• 

23 Messages

10 years ago

NoUpdate.JPG

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.