LamerGamer's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, September 18th, 2014 7:43 AM

Does AT&T Throttle Bandwidth When Approaching Data Cap?

Hi,

I've been having a serious issue the past few days. I don't know if it has anything to do with this, but Uverse was added to my area on Monday, however since that day, at about 6:00 or so every night, my bandwidth is throttled terrible. I can go from a ping of 80 to a ping of 1300 in any game I play. It just doesn't make sense. The only other conclusion I can reach is that I'm approaching my data cap, and they're intentionally throttling it to help me prevent from reaching it.

Is there any way to prevent this, or was it just a botched maitenence installation or something?

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

10 years ago

AT&T doesn't throttle when nearing your cap.

Are you on wireless? Also, what type of U-verse do you have - ADSL2+ with the NVG510/5168NV, or VDSL2 with the NVG589, 3600HGV, 5031NV, 3801HGV?

Unless you don't have U-verse and was just mentioning that it's now available.

Is there anyone on your network at that time that aren't on it any other time?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

We use DSL at the moment, but will most likely switch to Uverse soon.

No, nobody is using it. Maybe at 6:00 or so when the problems start happening, but they will continue on until 3 AM.

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

10 years ago

Same thing happens to me but I don't see a difference in speed.  My ping goes through the roof and it happens around 6 pm.  Have you used pingplotter to see where the issue may be coming from? Download it and see which hop you are having a problem at.  Send that to ATT after and see what they say.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Did your issue ever get resolved?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.