For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
FormerWillyb's profile

Mentor

• 

89 Messages

Wednesday, November 26th, 2014 12:01 AM

Does 3800HGV-B support UPnP?

I've turned the settings inside out looking, but it appears to not be there.  Hopefully I'm wrong.  I am attempted to set up a VPN using Microsoft Anywhere Access, a service included in Server 2012 Essentials.  The setup stops with an error "UPnP is not enabled on the router".  Or is there perhaps a different issue here.  The service needs port forwarding https 443 to 443 with TCP.

Any help will be appreciated.

Bill

Mentor

• 

89 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks.  I do have U-verse TV.  My four receivers are all wired.  Wireless is disabled, since the 3800 only supports 802.11(g), and I have a separate 802.11(n) TP-Link WAP.

Re the DMZ.  DMZplus mode looks a little scary...OK very scary.  However under "Allow individual applications" I did try creating a new Definition for the firewall to allow port 443 for my server, but the server configuration still failed.  Could be the TP-Link WAP is conflicting, or something else is blocking.

I guess this explains the appeal of commercial services like Logmein Hamachi hosted VPN, with a basic VPN service for $29 a year supporting up to 32 computers.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I just found an article that said they did - go figure. Their site is terrible and service worse.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.