For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
rev5622's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, November 25th, 2014 12:21 AM

DSL modem

my old Westell is dying. what'sa good replacement for my DSL line?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

my baby is a netgear DGN2200V4 N300 modem/router combo box running Custom firmware  UAMOD CFW info here: http://alfie.altervista.org/amod2200V4/

with Official netgear FW its okay but with this CFW you can open the SYSconfig menus and advanced settings netgear limits officially to its flagship devices... and these routers are a steal on ebay... got ours for only 12.02

EDIT SYSconfig menu found at 192.168.0.1:8082

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

Today I replaced my old Westell modem with a Netgear DM111PSpv2 dsl modem as recommended by the guy at the ATT store. Funny that they don't sell modems there, but I digress. I set it up in about 5 minutes and was online, no issues. However, now I can't access the 192.168.1.254 page so I am wondering what will happen if I ever need to call tech support. any thoughts? Thanks, JMac

Scholar

• 

178 Messages

9 years ago

if it's a Netgear modem, you can log in by typing http://www.routerlogin.net on your browser. Then type admin where it says admin, and type password where it asks you for a password and you'll get into the settings.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

So if I have to call tech support for anything and tell them i have a netgear modem they will know to type that in? Or will i need to tell them to do it? Sometimes tech support is better than others. Although recently ATT sent me an email with this info in it.

"Thank you for being a valued AT&T customer. To ensure that you are enjoying your AT&T High Speed Internet service to the fullest extent. Should you have any questions or technical concerns about your service, we've set up a special service center in the eastern U.S. to assist you.

For personalized support, simply call us at 855-377-4049 between 9am and 12 am ET, Monday through Saturday."

I called this number a few days ago when i was having a little connectivity issue and it was a very pleasant experience.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.